Remove Advertisement


Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby johnpr98 » October 15th, 2015, 7:11 pm

johnpr98
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 48
Joined: February 4th, 2015, 7:36 am
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon market
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad



Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby nuttz » November 10th, 2015, 2:23 pm

Hi Guys

Just to confirm that I also bricked my Linx10 attempting to put on Windows 10 and Exertis have just replaced it with a replacement (looks slightly used but works fine) - so it looks like they are honouring all warranties.

Just got to hope my second attempt works better than my first :-(
nuttz
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: January 19th, 2015, 2:13 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: eBuyer
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby spindoctor » December 1st, 2015, 1:06 pm

I have an issue with my network adapter on my Lynx 10 which has simply stopped working after 2 months under Windows 10, and wondered what you think of the response I got from Lynx support. My issue is that how do they know it's not a hardware fault? Windows reported the Realtek adapter failed to start, I rebooted and it now doesn't appear to have any adapter installed at all. Surely if it was driver related, it would still show in device manager with an exclamation mark?

Below is my correspondence, but basically they seem to be saying: "tough luck":

Hello.

I have a linx 10 tablet purchased via Amazon about 5 months ago and recently I lost the network adapter. In device manager it was reporting that the realtek adapter would not start and had an exclamation mark there. I restarted the tablet and this time it had disappeared completely. If I try and start a new broadband network, windows 10 reports that there is no hardware installed.


Hi

According to the information from Microsoft, the only excluded editions to the free upgrade to Windows 10 are Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1.

Since the Linx tablets are installed with “Windows 8.1 with Bing”, according to that information, these tablets should qualify.

These Linx devices (Linx 7, Linx 8, and Linx 10) have been manufactured prior to the launch of the official windows 10 software.

In the Microsoft update centre, a couple of weeks after the launch – Microsoft introduced two specific “KB” updates (KB3035583 & KB2976978) prior to attempting the upgrade.

Please be aware, as the manufacturer, we have to explain that you do this at your own risk and if in the upgrade process the recovery partition is deleted, you will not be able to revert back to factory settings.

The upgrade can/may cause issues to the operating performance which we would be unable to troubleshoot/exchange as faulty on Windows 10 software as we manufacture these devices to Windows 8.1 with Bing OEM standard.

Please accept our apologies for any transgression or consequential loss this may/may have caused

spindoctor
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: December 1st, 2015, 12:57 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: AMAZON
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby PiersH » December 2nd, 2015, 9:42 am

spindoctor wrote:I have an issue with my network adapter on my Lynx 10 which has simply stopped working after 2 months under Windows 10, and wondered what you think of the response I got from Lynx support. My issue is that how do they know it's not a hardware fault? Windows reported the Realtek adapter failed to start, I rebooted and it now doesn't appear to have any adapter installed at all. Surely if it was driver related, it would still show in device manager with an exclamation mark?

Below is my correspondence, but basically they seem to be saying: "tough luck":

Hello.

I have a linx 10 tablet purchased via Amazon about 5 months ago and recently I lost the network adapter. In device manager it was reporting that the realtek adapter would not start and had an exclamation mark there. I restarted the tablet and this time it had disappeared completely. If I try and start a new broadband network, windows 10 reports that there is no hardware installed.


Hi

According to the information from Microsoft, the only excluded editions to the free upgrade to Windows 10 are Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1.

Since the Linx tablets are installed with “Windows 8.1 with Bing”, according to that information, these tablets should qualify.

These Linx devices (Linx 7, Linx 8, and Linx 10) have been manufactured prior to the launch of the official windows 10 software.

In the Microsoft update centre, a couple of weeks after the launch – Microsoft introduced two specific “KB” updates (KB3035583 & KB2976978) prior to attempting the upgrade.

Please be aware, as the manufacturer, we have to explain that you do this at your own risk and if in the upgrade process the recovery partition is deleted, you will not be able to revert back to factory settings.

The upgrade can/may cause issues to the operating performance which we would be unable to troubleshoot/exchange as faulty on Windows 10 software as we manufacture these devices to Windows 8.1 with Bing OEM standard.

Please accept our apologies for any transgression or consequential loss this may/may have caused



A software upgrade does generally not have any affect on warranty. They can argue this, which causes obvious stress, but you're only upgrading to official software that you're entitled to - you're not fiddling with the bios or anything else.

My suggest would be to attempt to downgrade to Windows 8.1 (if at all possible in any way). See if the network adapter works - if not then it's hardware related.
PiersH
Linx User
Linx User
 
Posts: 56
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 3:21 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: eBuyer
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby Niall » January 13th, 2016, 8:10 pm

My upgrade went fine, no g-sensor problems, or post loops. I did have problem with the WiFi, the adaptor stopped working completely. I tried many fixes, then used device manager to uninstall it, restarted, add it was back. I also had grief with the mail app, it stopped syncing, and the sync button was greyed out, I used powershell to uninstall, did a store reset, reinstalled and lo, all good.

Have all these exertis niggles been sorted now?
Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
Not a scouser.
Niall
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 26
Joined: January 13th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Location: Liverpool
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Gift
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby IanCT » January 23rd, 2016, 9:56 pm

I will just chime in here having a 1010 that came with Win10 (all perfect) and also a 7 that I have just bought, which I have just upgraded.

Firstly, I installed Macrium Reflect (free) and then took a complete machine image. Then I updated Win8.1until it was completely happy, imaged it again and went through the automated win10 upgrade.

All went fine with no issues other than missing screen rotation. With the drivers reinstalled, I had the rotated screen and missing rotate lock controls. I added the registry settings from here which reinstated the rotation lock settings, which was all good but then remained 90 degrees from wherever I held the tablet.

Some time ago I learned about the Windows key commands to rotate the screen for use on roared monitors and so I plugged a keyboard in to try it -
It worked and even following reboots I now have a correctly functioning Linx 7 on windows 10.

I've got to say the 1010 is a fantastic device the full size USB ports and HDMI make for a really easy user experience around cars (I use it with various dealer type diagnostic software) and their associated USB interfaces.

Just got to find a decent rubber bumper case for the 7 now.
IanCT
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: January 18th, 2016, 8:59 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby Doc152 » February 24th, 2016, 6:44 am

They have no legal basis to refuse anything even if you were drunk and changed bios settings randomly. EU law protects warranty from end user software tampering. You can root, reflash, unlock your bootloader, install windows, linux etc, and your warranty will still be valid in accordance with Directive 1999/44/CE.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Doc152
Member
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: February 24th, 2016, 5:28 am
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: inet.se
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby F0LLETT » February 24th, 2016, 11:44 am

Doc152 wrote:They have no legal basis to refuse anything even if you were drunk and changed bios settings randomly. EU law protects warranty from end user software tampering. You can root, reflash, unlock your bootloader, install windows, linux etc, and your warranty will still be valid in accordance with Directive 1999/44/CE.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register


However, we are not talking about flashing, etc etc. We are in a sense talking about PC's. Where do you draw the line.
These are different in that you can set them up like a normal PC, meaning almost any one could reinstall it themselves without to much trouble.
Android / Apple devices are not the same, they have to be flashed to recover.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 909
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby Doc152 » February 24th, 2016, 3:55 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
Doc152 wrote:They have no legal basis to refuse anything even if you were drunk and changed bios settings randomly. EU law protects warranty from end user software tampering. You can root, reflash, unlock your bootloader, install windows, linux etc, and your warranty will still be valid in accordance with Directive 1999/44/CE.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register


However, we are not talking about flashing, etc etc. We are in a sense talking about PC's. Where do you draw the line.
These are different in that you can set them up like a normal PC, meaning almost any one could reinstall it themselves without to much trouble.
Android / Apple devices are not the same, they have to be flashed to recover.


1999/44/CE doesnt specify the type of software tampering. It doesnt matter if you jailbreaked your iphone, rooted your android, installed a new OS on your PC or installed linux on your coffee maker, software tampering is software tampering. As long as you do not break the hardware seal on your device, they have no legal basis to refuse you even if it achieved sentience and decided he aint taking no orders from no human scum.
Doc152
Member
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: February 24th, 2016, 5:28 am
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: inet.se
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby F0LLETT » February 24th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Yes. If your messing and tweaking. Then I think its unfair. I chose to mess and tweak. So its my problem if it doesn't boot. Seems everyone wants to do things without risk.
I think you will also, its not as clear and cut as you say. Different countries will have different rules. Its a shame this day and age.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 909
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

PreviousNext

Return to Windows 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest