Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10 : Windows 10

Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Dann » August 7th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Hey Guys

Just wanted to post a quick update, just to keep you updated, and ill update this when i've got more information to share

Some of you may have seen in other threads comments about Exertis not supporting Windows 10, and saying that devices updated to Windows 10 being seen as a "modification to software" and that it counts as a "Product is damaged through adjustment, modification or repair not authorised by us.".

I did say i'd contact Exertis, and i've had a short response back.

I've spoken with one of the guys high up with Linx, and i've gotten the following response back:

I can confirm we will not want to dissuade people from upgrading to
Windows 10. I've done it myself on my Linx8 over here and it works brilliantly btw (without any need to touch the bios!) At the same time we need to draw clear guidelines on what's the limit to the tweaking a user can do to their device without voiding the warranty.


I've got a call set up on Tuesday with him to sort a solution, so hopefully will be able to shed some more light then, but for the users that are worrying their warranty becoming null/void for updating, all i can say is DO NOT WORRY, i've been advised to ask you to keep calm.
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: York, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by chrism40 » August 7th, 2015, 7:44 pm

Linx have no legal basis to refuse warranty anyway. A legitimate upgrade path provided by the bundled softwares manufacturer is considered reasonable use. Indeed it is a condition of the OEM Windows License. Microsoft isn't stupid, it has this very situation well covered.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 39
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 4:24 pm
Location: Devon
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by blagbert » August 7th, 2015, 8:32 pm

I didn't even think about it maybe voiding the warranty, sounds like it won't be a problem though, good work Dan!
Member
Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: March 27th, 2015, 7:29 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Dann » August 7th, 2015, 8:41 pm

As i said, i've got a call with the guys at Exertis/Linx on tuesday regarding this, and a few other things ;)
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: York, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Wbutchart » August 8th, 2015, 9:07 am

That's slightly reassuring, hopefully Tuesday will clarify that properly. I don't know how to access the bios and after reading some of the things that happen when we do I dont want to learn !!

Speaking of exertis you don't happen to know if their deal with kazam will affect linx? not sure if linx is a brand or a stand alone company....but would be a shame if linx and the momentum its got was lost due to that distribution deal.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
 
Posts: 150
Joined: April 4th, 2015, 2:50 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Phil G » August 8th, 2015, 9:41 am

I'm considering the possibility of editing the fw removing the options that brick it. This may or may not happen I need to look in to it 1st
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: February 1st, 2015, 3:07 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: online
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Dann » August 8th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Wbutchart wrote:That's slightly reassuring, hopefully Tuesday will clarify that properly. I don't know how to access the bios and after reading some of the things that happen when we do I dont want to learn !!

Speaking of exertis you don't happen to know if their deal with kazam will affect linx? not sure if linx is a brand or a stand alone company....but would be a shame if linx and the momentum its got was lost due to that distribution deal.


I'm 99% certain that the Kazam deal won't effect us. We did buy the domain to run a KazamTablet forum like this one but we got told to take it down, so they're not as friendly as Linx for a start!

We've not seen the last of the Linx yet ;) ;)
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: York, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Wbutchart » August 8th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Dann wrote:
Wbutchart wrote:That's slightly reassuring, hopefully Tuesday will clarify that properly. I don't know how to access the bios and after reading some of the things that happen when we do I dont want to learn !!

Speaking of exertis you don't happen to know if their deal with kazam will affect linx? not sure if linx is a brand or a stand alone company....but would be a shame if linx and the momentum its got was lost due to that distribution deal.


I'm 99% certain that the Kazam deal won't effect us. We did buy the domain to run a KazamTablet forum like this one but we got told to take it down, so they're not as friendly as Linx for a start!

We've not seen the last of the Linx yet ;) ;)

Sheesh, why would they not want a community not helping one another, but hey ho.

Good, linx is going good, lots of good reviews around the web and developing a brand :)
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
 
Posts: 150
Joined: April 4th, 2015, 2:50 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by SparkyST » August 12th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Hey, first post here so hello all

I upgraded to windows 10 and it bricked my linx10, went into a endless reboot loop.

Spoke to Exertis and they replaced the tablet under warranty with no questions asked. New tablet turned up today within 24 hours of reporting the issue.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 9:50 am
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Gift
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

by Dann » August 13th, 2015, 2:19 pm

SparkyST wrote:Hey, first post here so hello all

I upgraded to windows 10 and it bricked my linx10, went into a endless reboot loop.

Spoke to Exertis and they replaced the tablet under warranty with no questions asked. New tablet turned up today within 24 hours of reporting the issue.



Brilliant :)
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: York, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Remove Ad