Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Touchpad mouse pointer pretty much unusable : Windows 10

Touchpad mouse pointer pretty much unusable

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Touchpad mouse pointer pretty much unusable

by Lunarz » May 31st, 2016, 2:39 am

Hi guys,

I really hope that you can help. I have the Linx 1010 Windows 10 with attachable keyboard - which arrived today. I am a writer and I bought it to take out with me as it is small and lightweight. I do not plan to use the touchscreen - I want to use it as a little laptop. I am having huge issues with the mouse pointer on the touchpad - it is very jerky, it shoots above or below where I actually want it to go, if I do manage to get it where I want it, it drifts away by the time that I have clicked the touchpad mouse button. The result is that I might as well basically randomly click all over the screen until I manage to hit where I want to. AlI am a touch typist, but if my hand touches the touchpad at all when I am typing (and I rest my hands on the keyboard, so this happens all the time), the cursor just moves to wherever the mouse pointer is - so that I am suddenly typing nowhere near where I was a moment ago. Meaning I am typing nonsense. Also, when I am trying to move the pointer diagonally across the screen, it seems to be trying to 'turn the page' and take me to another page?? It is very frustrating.

I have been into Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Mouse -> Properties. But, as someone else has mentioned in this section, there is no tab for the touchpad - just the generic mouse tabs (Buttons, Pointers, Pointer Options, Wheel, Hardware). I have also gone into Control Panel -> Device Manager. Under Mouse and Pointing Devices, there is just the same mouse, with no touchpad button. Under Human Interface Devices, there is no touchpad listed. It is like Windows doesn't know it is there. I have come across issues like this many times before on other laptops and have easily been able to fix them in the touchpad settings. But I am at a loss as to how I can fix them without access these settings? Or, even better, how I can get the touchpad tab back so that I can choose my own touchpad settings as normal? I even installed an ELAN touchpad driver designed for a Lenovo (getting desperate by then), but predictably it just said "cannot be used on this device" after it installed. Any ideas please? Because otherwise this laptop is literally useless to me :(

Thanks in advance for any replies :))

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Touchpad mouse pointer pretty much unusable

by Deleted User 12059 » May 31st, 2016, 11:19 am

I really do feel your pain with this one..

First off, I don't use windows and I've never used a Linx keyboard.. but I've spent a good while experimenting with various bluetooth keyboards and touchpads on assorted Linux kit.

What I've found is that the majority of the cheaper touchpads are often poor when it comes to resolution. They do work, and can be "tuned" to some degree but are somewhat lacking when it comes to very fine levels of control.

All I can suggest is that you experiment with the various driver versions available. It might be worth identifying the exact touchpad model and trying the manufacturers driver versions. These are often more "complete".

As a last resort, try booting the tablet from Linux or even Remix-OS. I've found the touchpad settings are often more "fine-grained" than with some windows drivers (I've seen this with some Synaptics touchpads on Zoostorm/Clevo laptops).
Deleted User 12059

Re: Touchpad mouse pointer pretty much unusable

by anuska » October 16th, 2018, 11:00 am

I have precisely the same issue. Are they going to produce a fix for this problem?

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: PCworld
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home