Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - 12x64 won't charge when powered up/wifi keeps failing : Windows 10

12x64 won't charge when powered up/wifi keeps failing

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

12x64 won't charge when powered up/wifi keeps failing

by radiogareth » May 31st, 2018, 10:11 am

I need to run my tablet 24/7 remotely in my garden shed and remote in via wifi (which reaches fine) twice a day. I use it for receiving weather satellites.

But it won't charge when it is switched on. Surely this must be a mistake? Even as it approaches 0% battery, it still won't accept a charge.

For the first couple of months (December Jan when I was using it) the wifi was fine. When I recently re-stared using it I get the runs around with wifi not available every time it boots. I still haven't found a reliable way round this issue. Device says the drivers are all OK.

So what are the solutions? I bought it specifically for the USB3 port but it will be going back to AO.Com unless these issues can be resolved.

TIA

Gareth

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: AO.com
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: 12x64 won't charge when powered up/wifi keeps failing

by MarkT » June 8th, 2018, 7:37 am

I have precisely the same problem. My linx12x64 won't charge when plugged in. Even when left plugged in all night; in the morning 15-20% something desperately wrong here
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by Pete12x64 » June 12th, 2018, 6:55 pm

I don't know the problem, but I have noticed you need a hefty charger to make this thing charge. So if you are not using the one that came with it that may be the issue.

If you are using the one that came with it I have no idea. You could try dropping screen brightness to reduce the load.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: Microsoft

by DerekGL4 » October 11th, 2018, 8:30 am

Hi All,

I've seen this issue mentioned in reviews but not suffered it as an actual problem yet.

I got my 12x64 second hand and it came with a Nokia branded charger that is rated at 550 mA output (according to the very small print on its side). This takes the best part of a day to charge up the 12x64, even if it is switched off.

These days I also have an Alcatel charger that is rated at 1 A - in conjunction with a decent charging cable, this definitely puts more power into the 12x64. (I've checked this using a watt-meter.)

Cheers

Derek.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: CashGenerator