[All Devices] Realtek RTL8723BS WiFi/Bluetooth Driver

If you've lost your drivers, they'll probably be in here!
alrightmate
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples (UK)

March 5th, 2015, 5:10 pm

BossmanD wrote:
alrightmate wrote:Further update: The driver has definitely helped my Wifi drain on sleep -> much better now and I actually see (in sleepstudy report) that when the tablet is asleep the Wifi usage is 0% and it's marked as "Disengaged" for most of the entire period of sleep.

However since installing some Metro apps last night (eBay, Addes some News feeds to News app, Metro Tube, Splashtop personal remote desktop client) I'm now getting between 2 and 3% battery loss per hour when in sleep. SleepStudy report shows nothing is using it and Wifi. BT, SD card usage is all almost 0%. Something is using my battery though and I can't tell what :( Might have to run a proper sleep usage trace.

What's everyone else's battery usage like? For people who have no problems with Wifi or BT drivers what % drop do you see when in sleep? Is 2% per hour normal for the Linx 8?
Have you tried checking "Task Scheduler" It may be that ebay and the news feeds are set to update at regular intervals (obviously that is the point) but perhaps you could reduce the interval or turn it off in standby? I haven't delved that deep but I will be keeping an eye on it as I add more apps. I know that CCleaner and avast have added scheduled tasks.

I have updated my Linx 10 with the latest bluetooth and wifi drivers I now only loose about 1% per hour.
Hiya. I will be doing that but I've just had a thought - something I saw yesterday and it may not affect Linx 10 users. I will probably post a separate thread on this as it may be important.

Looking at the Microsoft articles on connected standby there's a section on battery statistics (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 85%29.aspx). It shows an example battery report and states "The battery size and design capacity are particularly important for SleepStudy because they are taken into account when estimating connected standby battery life."

I believe the sleepstudy report may not be 100% accurate for Linx 8 owners as my understanding is the Linx 8 battery "DESIGN CAPACITY" is not reported correctly by the battery firmware (this is mentioned here http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... CITY#p2665).

My thinking is if sleepstudy uses design capacity and capacity ratio in it's calculations, then if the design capacity is wrong and it's larger than the actual battery holds, the capacity ratio will always be off and may lead to incorrect usage stats in the sleep study. I think this is what I may be seeing.

I'm hoping a firmware update may one day sort the Linx 8 battery "design capacity" so in turn fixing sleep study stats. I could be wrong with this but it would explain my theoretical battery drain when everything's reporting 0% usage and nothing is running.
dieselnutjob
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

March 12th, 2015, 8:24 am

eby4073 wrote:Where are these drivers come from. I always worry about installing ones from unknown sources.
I don't know where the poster got his from, but you can get it from a known source yourself.
Go to the dell website.
Click on support.
Search for Dell Venue Pro 3845.
Download the network driver for that model.
When you run the dell installer it gives you the option to install or just unpack it to disk.
I did the unpack to disk.
Then in device manager you can right click on the realtek port and update driver, and tell it choose a specific folder.
Neo2111
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys

April 13th, 2015, 7:36 am

I've had to roll back to the previous driver as the new driver was causing two issues: (1) considerably slower speeds causing issues with netflix and streaming services and (2) adapter disconnecting and losing Wifi.

anyone else had this?
monkeyspanked
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: tesco

April 13th, 2015, 4:59 pm

I had disconnections after sleep with the newest driver - if that's what you're talking about, it's fixable by limiting the tablet to wifi G. Not sure if that means the problem is wifi N, or just that reconnecting with multiple speed levels available.
pozel
Retailer: Game

April 21st, 2015, 7:50 am

Just want to make sure I've read this right...

So, is the current status that the original (stock) driver works fine, but drains a lot of battery when sleeping, but the latest driver is unreliable (both with wifi connecting and with using both wifi and Bluetooth simultaneously)?

Are we waiting on Realtek to do something or is there another recommended option? (without having to switch of wifi N)
varkanoid
Retailer: Very

May 20th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Here is the latest 07/04/2015 drivers. I have installed them and they seem to work a treat. Not sure whether its just me but the connection seems faster. Not yet tested them for power consumption. Also provided Jan 2015 ones too

22/01/2015 - Realtek_Wifi_3008.2.1231.2014_2015.01.22
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84AWL ... sp=sharing

07/04/2015 - Realtek_Wifi_3008.7.0313.2015_2015.04.07
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B84AW ... authuser=0
pozel
Retailer: Game

May 20th, 2015, 3:42 pm

Thanks.

It seems that the new intel 'Compute' stick uses the same chip, so hopefully it gets some good support now.

I can see they have these latest drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search ... TCK1A32WFC

Anyone else updated?
Xbox has RROD
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

June 1st, 2015, 6:24 pm

I was prompted to install a new driver today from Windows 8.1 Update.

rhoobarb
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: staples
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

June 3rd, 2015, 12:36 am

Never got a prompt but your post set me off to check device manager and i updated driver there. I was having some bsod issues with a bluetooth mouse, 24hrs in and no crashes so fingers crossed.
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

August 3rd, 2015, 4:49 pm

Updated today with the latest drivers
Dann
Admin