Hiya. I will be doing that but I've just had a thought - something I saw yesterday and it may not affect Linx 10 users. I will probably post a separate thread on this as it may be important.BossmanD wrote:Have you tried checking "Task Scheduler" It may be that ebay and the news feeds are set to update at regular intervals (obviously that is the point) but perhaps you could reduce the interval or turn it off in standby? I haven't delved that deep but I will be keeping an eye on it as I add more apps. I know that CCleaner and avast have added scheduled tasks.alrightmate wrote:Further update: The driver has definitely helped my Wifi drain on sleep -> much better now and I actually see (in sleepstudy report) that when the tablet is asleep the Wifi usage is 0% and it's marked as "Disengaged" for most of the entire period of sleep.
However since installing some Metro apps last night (eBay, Addes some News feeds to News app, Metro Tube, Splashtop personal remote desktop client) I'm now getting between 2 and 3% battery loss per hour when in sleep. SleepStudy report shows nothing is using it and Wifi. BT, SD card usage is all almost 0%. Something is using my battery though and I can't tell what Might have to run a proper sleep usage trace.
What's everyone else's battery usage like? For people who have no problems with Wifi or BT drivers what % drop do you see when in sleep? Is 2% per hour normal for the Linx 8?
I have updated my Linx 10 with the latest bluetooth and wifi drivers I now only loose about 1% per hour.
Looking at the Microsoft articles on connected standby there's a section on battery statistics (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 85%29.aspx). It shows an example battery report and states "The battery size and design capacity are particularly important for SleepStudy because they are taken into account when estimating connected standby battery life."
I believe the sleepstudy report may not be 100% accurate for Linx 8 owners as my understanding is the Linx 8 battery "DESIGN CAPACITY" is not reported correctly by the battery firmware (this is mentioned here http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... CITY#p2665).
My thinking is if sleepstudy uses design capacity and capacity ratio in it's calculations, then if the design capacity is wrong and it's larger than the actual battery holds, the capacity ratio will always be off and may lead to incorrect usage stats in the sleep study. I think this is what I may be seeing.
I'm hoping a firmware update may one day sort the Linx 8 battery "design capacity" so in turn fixing sleep study stats. I could be wrong with this but it would explain my theoretical battery drain when everything's reporting 0% usage and nothing is running.