Remove Advertisement

Starwars Empire at War GOG version

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Starwars Empire at War GOG version

Postby LeeHughesHD » May 10th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Hi,
After lurking on the forums for a bit I finally bit the bullet and bought a Linx 10 yesterday at Sainsburys. What did it for me was it was on sale for £130 reduced from £159.

Anyway I thought I'd have a tinker and see what it could actually do and I can confirm that Starwars Empire at War Runs and is playable if you reduce the quality settings for Gfx. I only tried the GOG.com version as this was confirmed as being windows 8.1 compatible, the steam version is hit and miss so I'd avoid it if anyone was looking to buy it.

you will need a mouse to play it unfortunately, this is down to the scroll wheel being used to adjust the perspective in the game, also a keyboard is highly recommended.

I love my new linx, so glad I stayed away from the Surface. I'll be putting My feet up with a pint later and seeing what else I can get to run. I think I'll try X-wing v Tie fighter next
LeeHughesHD
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Starwars Empire at War GOG version

Postby Dann » May 10th, 2015, 1:53 pm

LeeHughesHD wrote:Hi,
After lurking on the forums for a bit I finally bit the bullet and bought a Linx 10 yesterday at Sainsburys. What did it for me was it was on sale for £130 reduced from £159.

Anyway I thought I'd have a tinker and see what it could actually do and I can confirm that Starwars Empire at War Runs and is playable if you reduce the quality settings for Gfx. I only tried the GOG.com version as this was confirmed as being windows 8.1 compatible, the steam version is hit and miss so I'd avoid it if anyone was looking to buy it.

you will need a mouse to play it unfortunately, this is down to the scroll wheel being used to adjust the perspective in the game, also a keyboard is highly recommended.

I love my new linx, so glad I stayed away from the Surface. I'll be putting My feet up with a pint later and seeing what else I can get to run. I think I'll try X-wing v Tie fighter next

Be sure to add it to our list of working titles! viewtopic.php?f=40&t=418#gs.ddb8c0e57f3049e6a34a93a652231748
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Starwars Empire at War GOG version

Postby LeeHughesHD » May 12th, 2015, 10:57 am

I just updated the game to the latest patch, it seems the game is now touch screen compatible.
LeeHughesHD
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Return to Gaming (All Devices)