Games on the Linx 7

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Re: Games on the Linx 7

by gh97 » January 15th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Dann wrote:
gh97 wrote:
K1lo wrote:Post some screenshots! We need more eyecandy on this forum :P

Ah Morrowind will be the next game I try. Are you running just ordinary Morrowind or using any visual / performance enhancing patches? There's also OpenMW ;-)

I have uploaded a few videos of gaming on the linx 8 here :-) : You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Hi GH97, please check your emails :)

Not recieved anything? :?:
Linx 8 owner
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by Dann » January 16th, 2015, 1:07 am

Damn!

drop me a PM :)
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by K1lo » January 16th, 2015, 10:44 am

Cool! How're you controlling it? Are you using a gamepad, keyboard and mouse or some touch screen overlay? The idea of a portable TES game is tickling me I must say...
K1lo

by jasoninertia » January 16th, 2015, 11:08 am

K1lo wrote:Cool! How're you controlling it? Are you using a gamepad, keyboard and mouse or some touch screen overlay? The idea of a portable TES game is tickling me I must say...

Bluetooth keyboard and wired mouse for morrowind , tried using my phone as a Bluetooth mouse with no success.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: game
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by K1lo » January 16th, 2015, 11:20 am

Hmm interesting.. would really like to set it up in a little bit more of a portable way with touch screen controls otherwise the tablet is just a mini laptop... I may play around with this over the weekend
K1lo

by blc » January 20th, 2015, 9:02 am

I'm probably going to cross-post this on the "Recommended Games" thread also (assuming that's not breaking any rules :) ), since this will probably apply to other Linx models, not just the Linx 7 :)

I've had a couple of great games working via Steam on my Linx 7 that are quite touch-friendly:

• You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register - An implementation of the You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register; great fun even for solo play, but also supports internet play as well as "pass and play". Interface is a little fiddly sometimes for those with sausage fingers, but it's perfectly playable.
  • You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register - Neat little early access game; you can also play it on their website You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register. Again, a little fiddly sometimes and I recommend you watch You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register so that you can work out what you're supposed to be doing!
  • You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register - If you haven't heard about this game already then YOU'VE BEEN LIVING UNDER A FRIKKIN' ROCK!

I also plan to try out You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register/You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register, since I've been intrigued by the "Touchscreen" option in the settings for a while now, and I can't get it to work properly over Steam Home Streaming... I need an SD card for this though, since it's a 20GB install....!!

There's a You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register on the Steam Store, but I don't always trust it - World of Goo is reported as touch-screen friendly, but you need a keyboard to enter your player name... :/. Finally, there's also this handy You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register - some of the games listed on here might work perfectly fine with a touch screen but might not be tagged as "touch friendly" on the store.

Linx Tablet: Linx 7

by ghulin » February 7th, 2015, 9:23 am

Hey guys,

On my side I can confirm that CS source works great at 1280x800 with low everything on the Linx 7.

Note that the graphics are struggling to keep up if you play against lots of bots. 5 bots is fine, 9 bots not so much.

Due to the size of the screen though you might wanna play at lower res or you wont see anything.

Minecraft is not really playable, quite laggy in open world even with everything as low as possible. Ok in caves.

Star Wars KOTOR is okay-ish but does struggle sometimes.

I'll try heavier games as soon as I can but for now the 24 Gb limit is preventing me from installing most of them, I'll order a 64 Gb SD and see if I can run Starcraft 2 etc.

Cheers.

Retailer: amazon

by gh97 » February 7th, 2015, 3:19 pm

ghulin wrote:Hey guys,

On my side I can confirm that CS source works great at 1280x800 with low everything on the Linx 7.

Note that the graphics are struggling to keep up if you play against lots of bots. 5 bots is fine, 9 bots not so much.

Due to the size of the screen though you might wanna play at lower res or you wont see anything.

Minecraft is not really playable, quite laggy in open world even with everything as low as possible. Ok in caves.

Star Wars KOTOR is okay-ish but does struggle sometimes.

I'll try heavier games as soon as I can but for now the 24 Gb limit is preventing me from installing most of them, I'll order a 64 Gb SD and see if I can run Starcraft 2 etc.

Cheers.

Have a look at the HP Stream 7 gaming videos on YouTube for an idea of what else will run, it has the same chipset (Z3735G) as the Linx 7 so performance should be near identical.
Linx 8 owner
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by K1lo » February 10th, 2015, 11:57 am

Because of the size of the screen I've really not minded too much losing visual fidelity by setting things to 'low'. The biggest problem I have is trying to configure titles to run without a keyboard or mouse either with a controller or using a touch screen virtual controller. My results have been fairly mixed thus far which is irksome.
K1lo

by JAHLU » February 19th, 2015, 4:37 am

Wow, see this thread makes me wonder if I should sell my very capable gaming rig to buy an expensive tablet. xD I couldn't do it, especially as I not long built this thing, but SERIOUSLY, so impressive what these tablets can do.

Oh, there's Terraria which should work. It's a game I play, or used to play, so I'll be checking that out pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure it'll work. There's actually an "app" version, but I'll be ignoring that and focusing on the regular desktop one.

Doesn't gaming sink your battery, though?
Something really clever and insightful stupid goes here.

Guitarist, computer geek, lover of the German language, on-and-off gamer, and love improving my fitness and overall health.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

PreviousNext