Remove Advertisement

World of Warcraft on the move (Linx 8)

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

World of Warcraft on the move (Linx 8)

Postby Neo2111 » April 3rd, 2015, 1:33 pm

Before i start buying a new 64gb micro SD card and a super duper gaming bluetooth mouse, i just wanted to check if anyone is running WoW on a Linx 8 from SD slot?

I've been reading mixed views on forums and youtube videos with both sides of the argument saying it 'can' and 'cannot' be done.

On MrBeeks gaming spreadsheet he has WoW running on a Linx10 but no mention of Linx 8.

A perfect scenario would be that WoW can run from the SD slot (probably an SDXC card) and then use the data connection from a tethered mobile phone, allowing for some WoW action on the daily commutes :D
Neo2111
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: World of Warcraft on the move (Linx 8)

Postby Magorath » April 4th, 2015, 6:30 am

I don't have an active subscription but it runs perfectly reasonable on a Linx 8 from an SD slot. Would be perfect for and AH monkey or running around collecting mats or questing. Might get choppy in a dungeon but I haven't tried it. In relation to you're other post you'll want a 64gih card. The install is 27gigs which might fit on a formatted 32gig card but you wouldn't have much breathing room.
Magorath

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: CEX

Postby Neo2111 » April 4th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Thanks. Wasn't sure if could install games/apps to SD cards. Will pick up a 64gb card this week.

Been 6 years since I last played it, just fancy dipping back in for nostalgia.
Neo2111
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby Neo2111 » April 4th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Ok so I was impatient and ran out and bought a new sd card :-)

managed to install the game to it but loadin time is soooooo bad it crashes. i'd hoped to install the game to the tablet first and then move the files to the SD card but no way I could free up 29gb on the tablet :-(

going to keep tinkering and see if can improve things
Neo2111
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby Neo2111 » April 8th, 2015, 7:31 am

Update:

WoW is installed and running from the SD Card. The fps is pretty dire in busy areas within the game. On average I'm getting 30fps which drops to 10 in the busier places.

I'm putting this down to the read speed of the SD Card and not the linx processing power.
Neo2111
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby gh97 » April 10th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Neo2111 wrote:Update:

WoW is installed and running from the SD Card. The fps is pretty dire in busy areas within the game. On average I'm getting 30fps which drops to 10 in the busier places.

I'm putting this down to the read speed of the SD Card and not the linx processing power.

It could be lack of RAM. Keep task manager open and see how much ram is being used in the busy parts. If it's maxing out the ram and using the pagefile that will effect the frame rate. Also you could try a usb install as the usb port reads/writes faster.
Linx 8 owner
gh97
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Return to Gaming (All Devices)