Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by Jeggie » March 27th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Happy Easter - been playing "Supreme Commander 2" and "Don't Starve" via steam today - both games run fine.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March 27th, 2016, 7:31 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by spoot1smeg » March 30th, 2016, 3:30 pm

keep talking and nobody explodes runs fine it runs okay using touchscreen but some of the buttons need long presses so better to use a mouse or a controller
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March 27th, 2016, 2:26 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by Smords » April 6th, 2016, 10:34 pm

Hi guys, I've been browsing through and couldn't actually find anyone else asking, I'm very close to going to pcworld tomorrow and picking up a linx 1010b from pcworld judging by this list as all I want it for is very light gaming but the big question for me is.

The linx 10 and 1010 have the same internals so technically speaking would the games playable on the linx 10 work on the 1010?
Member
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: March 28th, 2016, 6:22 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by F0LLETT » April 7th, 2016, 7:49 am

Smords wrote:Hi guys, I've been browsing through and couldn't actually find anyone else asking, I'm very close to going to pcworld tomorrow and picking up a linx 1010b from pcworld judging by this list as all I want it for is very light gaming but the big question for me is.

The linx 10 and 1010 have the same internals so technically speaking would the games playable on the linx 10 work on the 1010?


Both would be on par with each other. For gaming vision is better as it has the newer Cherry Trail chipset.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by Smords » April 8th, 2016, 8:05 am

F0LLETT wrote:
Smords wrote:Hi guys, I've been browsing through and couldn't actually find anyone else asking, I'm very close to going to pcworld tomorrow and picking up a linx 1010b from pcworld judging by this list as all I want it for is very light gaming but the big question for me is.

The linx 10 and 1010 have the same internals so technically speaking would the games playable on the linx 10 work on the 1010?


Both would be on par with each other. For gaming vision is better as it has the newer Cherry Trail chipset.


Good morning!

Took your advise and got the Vision as I only really wanted it for playing very basic games/steam streaming. I've posted elsewhere regarding an issue where the back cover looks as though it's not fitted correctly, which is rather strange. The other issue I've had is after hours of updates from Windows I finally got to install Steam, which every time it opens a box appears about "must install service.exe" or something of the sort. Get past that, downloaded Lego Batman 2, pressed play aaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong as it's like it fails to even start as nothing happens.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: March 28th, 2016, 6:22 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by F0LLETT » April 8th, 2016, 8:33 am

Not sure what you mean about back cover. Got pics. On game, need more info. Does pointer change, does it say anything at all. Have you tried any other steam game?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by Smords » April 8th, 2016, 8:41 am

F0LLETT wrote:Not sure what you mean about back cover. Got pics. On game, need more info. Does pointer change, does it say anything at all. Have you tried any other steam game?


Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try again when I'm back home and make a note of what it comes up with, if in big picture mode it once pressed play it says loading and then just goes back to saying play with nothing else. I might look towards uninstalling steam and trying again as this was installed prior to the billion updates windows installed over the 5 hours of time prior to purchasing the thing!
Member
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: March 28th, 2016, 6:22 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by F0LLETT » April 8th, 2016, 9:07 am

I have never bothered with big picture mode.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by lordhypocrisy » April 29th, 2016, 8:49 pm

i have linx vision 8; gothic 3 1280x800 low settings, its fps is low but looks playable, grid 2(demo) 1280x800 mostly low, some medium, running very good, bioshock 2 didnt run, overlord didnt run. (all installed on sdcard)
Member
Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 17th, 2016, 12:20 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Games Compatible with Linx Tablets

by F0LLETT » April 29th, 2016, 9:54 pm

lordhypocrisy wrote:i have linx vision 8; gothic 3 1280x800 low settings, its fps is low but looks playable, grid 2(demo) 1280x800 mostly low, some medium, running very good, bioshock 2 didnt run, overlord didnt run. (all installed on sdcard)


Dont forget to enable caching on sd card. However you will have to safely remove if you want to remove sd card.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest