Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Virtual game controllers : Gaming (All Devices)

Virtual game controllers

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Virtual game controllers

by K1lo » January 30th, 2015, 9:44 am

Thought I'd create a thread for those of us who like our tablet gaming to be sans additional peripherals ;)

These are the options I've found thus far, I'll keep this post up to date as I find others or alternatives are suggested.

Option 1 You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Available on Steam, supports potentially any game with a number of pre-built controllers present via Steam Workshop integration.

In general once you figure out how to make it work it's quite good, but it has some limitations. Specifically I've yet to make mouse look work well with just the touch screen, however using a mouse and an overlay in lieu of a keyboard works well for me in games like Oblivion and Modern Warfare 2.

Option 2 You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

As already mentioned, You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register is another choice, there is a demo but I didn't really get on with it too well. However I only tried the demo, not the paid version.

Option 3 You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register also known as You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register:

Not one I've tested yet, seems quite polished from the website however only supports a very limited number of games without option to create other configurations. They sell a number of prebuilt controller profiles for games, but each game profile is a separate purchase which makes it slightly less appealing than other options.
K1lo

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Virtual game controllers

by DJ_Enigma » January 30th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Just to add to this, there is a demo of the first one too :)
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples bargain

by jasoninertia » January 30th, 2015, 1:18 pm

tried gestureworks , could not for the life of me get it to work with fallout 3 despite there being a pre-configured controller included in the app , good job it was only the demo.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: game
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by K1lo » February 10th, 2015, 12:02 pm

It does take some time to get used to it and configure everything. I can confirm it does work, by results really do vary between games. The biggest issue I have is with emulating the mouse movement / mouse look using either a virtual joystick control or a global gesture. Still not figured out how to get that working smoothly.
K1lo

by ZEbbEDY » March 9th, 2015, 11:05 pm

i made a gestureworks custom layout for stranded deep, works ok with mouselook, you can change the sensitivity and i had to slow it right down

shame gestureworks iant really lightweight, takes up a lot of valuable resources in the background
Original Member
Original Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay

by K1lo » March 16th, 2015, 11:54 am

Hmm mouselook always gives me trouble. The simulated mouse either jumps around the screen like crazy or (in the case of Oblivion) the game doesn't capture it properly.
K1lo

by ZEbbEDY » March 16th, 2015, 4:10 pm

for the jumping like crayzy if you make a new controller or edit an existing one, then highlight the button that does mouselook and then there is a sensitivity setting
Original Member
Original Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay

by K1lo » March 17th, 2015, 9:28 am

Yes I tried that but it never seemed to make a huge difference. I think part of the problem was there was a big deadzone in the virtual joystick on screen.
K1lo

by insidious » March 26th, 2015, 12:39 am

There will be a version 3 of GestureWorks out in a couple of weeks according to there steam page.
They are looking for beta testers I will let you know if it's any good.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: very
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by K1lo » April 1st, 2015, 11:10 am

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up insidious, I'll give it a go. I hope they improve resource usage !
K1lo

Next