Gaming on Linx

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Gaming on Linx

by cnorman75 » February 17th, 2016, 9:06 am

Hi,

I'm a newbie on the forum, so please go easy on me!!! I recently got a Linx 7 just for playing media on (videos, music, audiobooks etc etc.) & I was looking at also getting a Linx 1010. I quite like the idea of playing some old games on it, so was just wondering what people's experiences with it are for a bit of gaming. I'm not talking the latest releases, I know they need machine specs way in advance of the Linx, but I wouldn't mind being able to play a few older games (I miss the odd bout of Quake or Half Life 2, maybe even older!!) or lower spec stuff, like what is available on GOG or Steam.

So, a few questions -

* how do people find the Linx tablets for gaming generally?
* do they work with things from Steam & GOG etc.
* how do games work on a touchscreen device - are there map-able controls, does it work with a bluetooth game pad etc.
* is there a list anywhere of games on places like Steam or GOG that are compatible with Linx tablets

I'm new to Linx & to the forum, so any advice would be grand. Cheers.

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Gaming on Linx

by LinxNewbieGoPro » February 18th, 2016, 12:19 am

http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=418 this will have the answers and more its very capable of playing pc games even burnout paradise and ive been looking through specs of games even games as recent as 2012 may work in theory.

Now ram is important and keep in mind the card is 512mb & 620MHz for graphics so dont expect a ton to work but even crysis is playable with some work. ive only tried halo and halo 2 and house of the dead 3 my self so far, house of the dead 3 works amazingly well with touch screen tap to shoot so fun.

i'd recommend a bluetooth gamepad any pega pad would work. the tablets are more powerful than my £1200 pc i got 13 years ago and well i would expect all my games i have for that to work a treat on the tablet i havent purchased pc gaes since halo 2 and gears of war released on pc. since moved to consoles but steam did have a sale recently and will do every so often and as for gog not all games are old on that service.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys

by cnorman75 » February 18th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Thanks for the info, the spreadsheet is a useful guide. Looks like a few relatively recent titles work which is encouraging - i never expected current stuff to run but things up to a few years back will do for me. And im a sucker for Half Life 2 still, so its good that looks like that runs well on Linx

I'll look into pega pad, cheers for the advice.

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon

by LinxNewbieGoPro » February 20th, 2016, 10:47 am

No problem, also check out You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register sega are giving away free games on steam at the moment new ones every week i think. last week i got condemned and binary domain for free. I tried some games like Halo 1 and House of the dead these require a keyboard to be plugged in for the games to load or they will appear to fail just becuase they expect a keyboard. I got the Rii i8 + WITH BACKLIGHT AND THIS WORKS GREAT WITH BUILT IN BLUETOOTH launches any game that otherwise would fail.

if only there was a way to emulate the input of a keyboard without having one on you house of the dead is so good with touch screen 8-)

ps sorry about the caps this website lags so much more than any other by a mile.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys