Remove Advertisement

Games ( Apps ) Will not launch when loading from Micro SD

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

Games ( Apps ) Will not launch when loading from Micro SD

Postby LinxNewbieGoPro » February 2nd, 2016, 10:52 pm

I'm finding games not starting past splash screen when attempting to load them to play, this is solved by moving the game to the built in storage.

I'm also finding Halo Combat Evolved will not get past the intro ( company ) videos either both on built in and Micro SD storage.

I'm using a Sandisk 128GB SDXC that I just purchased from Argos yesturday £39.99 I'm getting 22mbs read and 14mbs write on crystalmark i thinks the name of the benchmarking software for memory.

Now I've not tried another SD card in the tablet but I'm seeing this exact problem happen on another windows device I have which has a Transcend 32GB SDHC I've yet to try Halo on the other windows device but the same happens with Game Apps on the device. This other device is one of those TV boxes.

Halo just throws up an exception error after the videos end, preventing it reaching the main menu. Someone did add to the compatibility list so it must work. I've got the disc here and the key I've installed this on and off over the last 12 years since I first purchased it so its a working copy of the game.

I've tried many different Microsoft studios games ( apps ) and they all except one have this issue when loading from Micro SD slot in the device.

I'm more interested in gaming on my new Linx 810 Leather Edition than I am on a TV box just because of the touch screen and it would be awesome to play Halo on a tablet :D

I've tried other apps that are not games and they all load great, I've tried also some large apps about 100mb from the SD card all load and work great it's just games that appear to be failing to work from the Micro SD and some of those games are as small as 42mb.

I'm new here so :) Hello :)
LinxNewbieGoPro
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Games ( Apps ) Will not launch when loading from Micro S

Postby F0LLETT » February 3rd, 2016, 1:44 pm

LinxNewbieGoPro wrote:I'm finding games not starting past splash screen when attempting to load them to play, this is solved by moving the game to the built in storage.

I'm also finding Halo Combat Evolved will not get past the intro ( company ) videos either both on built in and Micro SD storage.

I'm using a Sandisk 128GB SDXC that I just purchased from Argos yesturday £39.99 I'm getting 22mbs read and 14mbs write on crystalmark i thinks the name of the benchmarking software for memory.

Now I've not tried another SD card in the tablet but I'm seeing this exact problem happen on another windows device I have which has a Transcend 32GB SDHC I've yet to try Halo on the other windows device but the same happens with Game Apps on the device. This other device is one of those TV boxes.

Halo just throws up an exception error after the videos end, preventing it reaching the main menu. Someone did add to the compatibility list so it must work. I've got the disc here and the key I've installed this on and off over the last 12 years since I first purchased it so its a working copy of the game.

I've tried many different Microsoft studios games ( apps ) and they all except one have this issue when loading from Micro SD slot in the device.

I'm more interested in gaming on my new Linx 810 Leather Edition than I am on a TV box just because of the touch screen and it would be awesome to play Halo on a tablet :D

I've tried other apps that are not games and they all load great, I've tried also some large apps about 100mb from the SD card all load and work great it's just games that appear to be failing to work from the Micro SD and some of those games are as small as 42mb.

I'm new here so :) Hello :)

SEARCH, ;)

Halo CE, will only work if you have a Mouse and Keyboard connected. It will crash if no mouse or keyboard connected.
On card issue, I would say its not setup right. You tried enabling cache writing?

As I stated in another thread. I have tried over 40+ games and every signle one has worked perfectly. I have installed Steam to SD (D:\) and the same with Origin. Even disc based based, I have installed over the network, work perfectly fine. Even though you have an 810, it shouldn't be that much different.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Re: Games ( Apps ) Will not launch when loading from Micro S

Postby LinxNewbieGoPro » February 3rd, 2016, 3:04 pm

:lol: I will have to try that with Halo, GTA3 worked without one being connected though I cant find an option to use a gamepad. All my pc games I own are about 10 years old as I went to console gaming so I've got a huge collection to return too.

I'm unsure what cache writing is and how to enable it. I've got the card out of the packing and just put it in expecting it to work :?

I'm using a small otg hub which has micro usb in and I've plugged in a 1amp battery to power the dvd drive thats a compact samsung slim usb drive to install these.

So once I get apps that are games running from my Micro SD I will be very pleased :mrgreen: Just right now large apps work but for some reason games do not even the small games which I would assume maybe the way games vs apps such as NowTV are written differently and read the micro sd cards differently than games would. Hopefuly that's all it is, does seem strange it's happening on both the Linx 810 and the Tronsmart Ara X5 and on two different SD cards by two different makers of memory. :?:

I think I've read how to do it : Device manager, choose storage, properties, policies, better performance, write caching policy enable on the device.

Update : Just tried Halo again with a keyboard and mouse worked just need to find out how to launch the game with just a gamepad and no keyboard and mouse :D

The SD card method to change that setting didn't work games still wont load from the micro card. I've only tried Microsoft published games so far. I did restart like it instructs after making the change to the setting.
LinxNewbieGoPro
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys

Return to Gaming (All Devices)