Auto Power on

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Auto Power on

by sparx » May 26th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Hey,

Anyone have any luck getting the Linx to auto-power on, when power is applied? It works as expected from connected standby, but not when the battery has been run down and it has hibernated / powered off. I've contacted Linx support, and waiting for their response at present.

It would be useful to know, as i'm planning to put this into my car in place of my head unit (So I can get diagnostics, sat nav, etc all in one).

It fits perfectly inside my fascia adapter so all I need to do is this, as the buttons are not accessible!

Cheers,

sparx

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Auto Power on

by Dann » May 26th, 2015, 7:48 pm

sparx wrote:Hey,

Anyone have any luck getting the Linx to auto-power on, when power is applied? It works as expected from connected standby, but not when the battery has been run down and it has hibernated / powered off. I've contacted Linx support, and waiting for their response at present.

It would be useful to know, as i'm planning to put this into my car in place of my head unit (So I can get diagnostics, sat nav, etc all in one).

It fits perfectly inside my fascia adapter so all I need to do is this, as the buttons are not accessible!

Cheers,

sparx

I Think this question has been asked before, and unfortunately, its not possible!
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Auto Power on

by sparx » May 26th, 2015, 7:52 pm

Damn.

The second option I have is to create a small hole to allow a pin to be used to push the button (or alternatively create some button assembly through the fascia adapter).

The third and final option I have is to open the linx, and solder a couple of wires to the power button and then wire a power button in elsewhere. Having opened the back of my Linx, and seen the size of the solder pads, i'd rather not do this!

Hopefully cust support may be back with a new answer (or new bios!) but I doubt it :-(

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home