Remove Advertisement

Replacement battery

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Re: Replacement battery

Postby JAHLU » February 24th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Fair enough. xD These tablets have Windows 8.1 and I don't plan to mess with it to get Windows 10 on it whenever it comes out. Maybe on the desktop, but I'm thinking of going back to Windows 7 anyways. The site I used to contact them was: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register Which I was told is the official site and contact info for the manufacturers, or am I way off?

Oh, I see, right at the bottom it says Copyright © Exertis (UK) Limited 2014.

Got a reply and I suppose a final answer from the apparently official Linx site:

It will work with the warranty as any sealed unit would normally do

So, if I understand her correctly, she's saying you can take these things back under warranty, when the battery dies. So, basically, there's sod all we can do, since I'm sure they will fail after a year of use.
Last edited by JAHLU on February 24th, 2015, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something really clever and insightful stupid goes here.

Guitarist, computer geek, lover of the German language, on-and-off gamer, and love improving my fitness and overall health.
JAHLU
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: PC World

Remove Ad

Postby westonpf » February 24th, 2015, 4:47 pm

I know these types of devices are considered to be disposable but I can't help myself, when the battery does eventually die I will get the tools out and will open up the device to see if I can 'fix' it. If I can't it won't matter as I will have enjoyed the experience of taking it apart and 'tinkering'.

I'm sure I'll find some way to repurpose it, a media player or alarm clock or something that can remain connected to the mains. I have a box of old bits and bobs in the garage that I have 'tinkered' with in the past. I have a couple of old PCs that are happy running as media/file/von servers.
westonpf
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby JAHLU » February 24th, 2015, 4:49 pm

westonpf wrote:I know these types of devices are considered to be disposable but I can't help myself, when the battery does eventually die I will get the tools out and will open up the device to see if I can 'fix' it. If I can't it won't matter as I will have enjoyed the experience of taking it apart and 'tinkering'.

I'm sure I'll find some way to repurpose it, a media player or alarm clock or something that can remain connected to the mains. I have a box of old bits and bobs in the garage that I have 'tinkered' with in the past. I have a couple of old PCs that are happy running as media/file/von servers.

Nice. That's the way. :D If ever that happens, and you manage something awesome, feel free to share. xD
Something really clever and insightful stupid goes here.

Guitarist, computer geek, lover of the German language, on-and-off gamer, and love improving my fitness and overall health.
JAHLU
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

Postby nememo » February 24th, 2015, 4:52 pm

westonpf wrote:I know these types of devices are considered to be disposable but I can't help myself, when the battery does eventually die I will get the tools out and will open up the device to see if I can 'fix' it. If I can't it won't matter as I will have enjoyed the experience of taking it apart and 'tinkering'.

Definitely need a LIKE button for that!!! :lol:
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby K1lo » February 25th, 2015, 12:20 pm

*imagines glowing uranium powered Linx tablet humming away in the corner*
K1lo

Postby DJ_Enigma » February 25th, 2015, 5:08 pm

nememo wrote:You do exactly the same as when an iPad battery gives up the ghost in all fairness. You buy a new device. That's how the industry works these days.

I always replace batteries in my apple devices when they mess up :P Bit of a faff, but certainly not enough to throw it away instead! :)
DJ_Enigma
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Staples bargain

Postby nememo » February 25th, 2015, 6:14 pm

But... but... but..... that;s not what Apple wanted! They wants your monies! :D

Once you get through the copious amounts of glue usually involved it's dead easy isn't it :P
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby jcksn.paul » February 27th, 2015, 2:57 pm

I am sure the Linx7 strips down quite easily maybe not as easy as the Nexus7 though. Anyone care to try LOL?

Maybe someone has a bust or bricked Linx7 that they dont mind stripping down :)
jcksn.paul
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay

Postby dglass1960 » July 28th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Well that's disappointing as my Lynx 7" is rapidly losing time, may well have a brick soon, running windows 10 too, bit sad
dglass1960

Retailer: Argos

Postby Deleted User 1605 » July 31st, 2015, 5:46 am

Hello All,

Yes, you can replace the battery.. Just look for a similar physical size and (hopefully) larger capacity on Ebay or elsewhere online.

You'll probably have to mod the power connector slightly though..

Bodge99.
Deleted User 1605

PreviousNext

Return to General (Linx 7)