Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Replacement battery : General (Linx 7)

Replacement battery

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Replacement battery

by jcksn.paul » February 20th, 2015, 2:52 pm

I was just wandering if anybody knows where to buy a replacment battery may be one with a larger capacity?

I havent opened up my Linx7 yet Im not sure if it is as simple as my Nexus7 so I dont want to break it. Has anyone opened theres and got any internal pics? I cant find any strip downs on line
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Replacement battery

by JAHLU » February 22nd, 2015, 1:49 am

I'd love to know this, too! All I know is that it's a lithium battery, at least according to what I saw on Amazon's description.
Something really clever and insightful stupid goes here.

Guitarist, computer geek, lover of the German language, on-and-off gamer, and love improving my fitness and overall health.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

by jcksn.paul » February 22nd, 2015, 3:06 pm

Yeah it is important lets face it we are all going to need to replace it eventually so it would be good to know they are readily available and easy enough to change.

It would also be good if it could be upgraded to a more powerful battery

If I dont get any replies I will eventually bite the bullet and do a strip down of my linx7 to identify it
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay

by JAHLU » February 24th, 2015, 1:02 am

Totally agree, and ouch - keep in mind that'll likely void any warranty you might still have going. Best of luck if you do that.

I can't even find anything online about this. It's like nobody's thought of this before. x_x Nothing on eBay about a replacement battery, which is really unusual, as that usually has that sorta thing. Nothing on YouTube. Nothing anywhere. Maybe we're just worrying about nothing?

Guitarist, computer geek, lover of the German language, on-and-off gamer, and love improving my fitness and overall health.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by adamk357 » February 24th, 2015, 1:32 am

If your searching LINX battery or similar then your unlikely to find anything, the only way of finding it would be by part number if someone would like to disassemble their tablet, then again you could try asking LINX support, though by replacing the battery you'd probably do more harm than good as I don't see any screws, the screen must be stuck down and you can never get them back to like they were before opening.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon

by JAHLU » February 24th, 2015, 1:44 am

adamk357 wrote:If your searching LINX battery or similar then your unlikely to find anything, the only way of finding it would be by part number if someone would like to disassemble their tablet, then again you could try asking LINX support, though by replacing the battery you'd probably do more harm than good as I don't see any screws, the screen must be stuck down and you can never get them back to like they were before opening.

:( Disappointing. Do they have an official website or official support E-Mail?

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by adamk357 » February 24th, 2015, 1:47 am

Yep right here:
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
You can contact support here as well
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Amazon

by JAHLU » February 24th, 2015, 1:50 am

adamk357 wrote:Yep right here:
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
You can contact support here as well

Wow, thank you!

OK, I E-Mailed them:

Dear Reader,

How would one go about replacing the battery? Exactly what battery resides within these devices? (particularly the 7” iteration) Lastly, should the battery fail, and if there is no way for the consumer to replace it, what can we then do?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Well, they got back to me some time this morning. Completely useless and somewhat stupid response:

Please advise the product?

Not only does that barely make sense, but she should already know what product I'm referring to (if that's what she's asking) since Linx make tablets and that's kinda sorta the only damn thing posted on their website, the Linx 7", 8", and 10". I'm hardly gonna contact Microsoft to ask how to fix an Apple computer. ¬_¬

Another update. I made it clearer what product I was referring to, but got this unfortunate reply:

Batteries are not available for the units as they are sealed units

I've now said:

So then what happens when the batteries die? Do we take the device back to the shop from which we purchased it, and receive a replacement?

It's not looking promising, so far. :\ I have to admit, the responses I'm getting are very informal and unprofessional - not even basic letter format. The person's English is also not fantastic. I don't know, ... in a professional setting, I think being able to effectively communicate in a professional manner is very important, but maybe that's just me.

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by K1lo » February 24th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Exertis are a reseller, the Linx tablets are a closed box product to them which is understandable. I'd imagine the policy would be in warranty repair or replacement. It's not economically viable to do part replacements with consumer products like this unless the device is specifically manufactured to support this (think mobile phones that (used) come with removable batteries).
K1lo

by nememo » February 24th, 2015, 4:32 pm

You do exactly the same as when an iPad battery gives up the ghost in all fairness. You buy a new device. That's how the industry works these days.

Obviously you're covered for the first year for any sudden failures. The battery life is only going to slightly decrease after then, it's not going to completely drop off a cliff. Windows 10 might be working the hardware more, which in turn will use more battery life anyway - so you also have to take that into account as to why you'll be getting less battery life in the future.
Linx 8 Owner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Next