Remove Advertisement

Power + Data using OTG

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Re: Power + Data using OTG

Postby crazygoldfish » July 28th, 2015, 6:33 pm

TheUKCrazyhorse wrote:
halon5 wrote:2 of us at work using this adapter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Bus-Pow ... =dann09-21
it works great after applying the Bios tweak, HD's, mice, USB sticks etc all mount and the unit keeps charging. Using an iPad charger helps a great deal as the supplied charger isn't powerful enough.

I can confirm that I got it working using this adapter on my Linx7 last night. I changed the two OTG BIOS settings beforehand and I'd also gone into Device Manager and under "Universal Serial Bus controllers", altered the Power Management options for both items listed so that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" were unchecked (someone earlier in this thread mentioned this - not sure if it helped or not though). I was then able to charge the tablet and plug a 360 controller in and use it (although it didn't show under Devices & Printers for some reason, but it was under Device Manager).

If it helps, I originally used an OTG adapter plugged into the double-ended USB cable that came with the adapter and it wouldn't charge the tablet - it only worked after I used a cable I had from a phone charger (USB to micro-USB) and then the blue light came on to show it was charging. I also did a full restart, although I'm not sure if this helped.

I got the same adapter from Amazon.

When I used the double end USB into otg all my devices worked but no power.

When I connected via a micro USB and no otg then I got power but none of the devices worked .

Tried a few otgs and USB cables but still no joy.

Also restarted a few times.

Also enabled in Bois and USB settings .

Tried various chargers and still no luck
crazygoldfish
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby crazygoldfish » July 28th, 2015, 8:19 pm

ignore that got it working. for some resdon it worked with a restsrt and not a power down... weird
crazygoldfish
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Ebay

Postby halon5 » August 1st, 2015, 4:26 pm

odd, I had to do a full shutdown, not just a reboot
halon5

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay

Postby dpweeks » September 13th, 2015, 4:13 pm

alspacka wrote:I'm using this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Bus-Pow ... B00PF9AB1O

I've got PCI mode and vbus on in bios.

Currently have a hard drive, Logitech dongle thing and Xbox pad plugged in working perfectly. it's nice and neat too.

Running relatively intensive processes can see charge slowly drain, so I'll try a 3amp plug soon.

Cheers for the bios tip OP!

Hi alspacka,

Can you confirm that with your EasyAcc USB 2 hub and Linx 8 with PCI mode and vbus on in bios, you are able to see a bootable USB stick in the Boot Options list?
dpweeks
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Wiziwoo

Postby guest2 » December 14th, 2015, 11:19 am

I have this adapter and cannot get it working for charge and data, yet - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-Laptops ... B00D5K05UW

I have tried the BIOS options (PCI mode under USB OTG support) and tried USB VBUS both on and off, left on for now.

I ordered one of these as in original post so will see how I get on - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271641277647
guest2

Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby guest2 » December 15th, 2015, 6:13 pm

The cable OP suggested arrived today.
I left the option in the BIOS I had set on Northbridge with adapter set to charge and a USB stick and wireless mouse dongle connected, started up the tablet and its charging with mouse and USB stick working!

So much for paying more for quality. This thing cost £3.80, is much smaller and works
guest2

Retailer: eBay

Postby minipc » January 14th, 2016, 4:40 pm

Linx 7 user here, purchased one of these (from ebay, link removed as not same model anymore)...

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

...no bios changes or usb hub power management changes, worked straight out of the packet. Setting #2 charging and full use of USB's on hub. Powered off fully before connecting that was it.

Can be had for half the price direct from China but needed one sooner. Result tbh, no faffing required.
Last edited by minipc on February 22nd, 2016, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minipc

Retailer: Amazon

Postby osonas » January 22nd, 2016, 9:05 am

Confirm that the AliExpress "2015 new 4 ports usb OTG Charger HUB cable" http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-usb-OTG-Charger-HUB-cable-for-Tablet-PC-thinkpad-8-X98-M80ta-WT-8-Miix2/2038609573.html works on a Lamina T-701 (Linx7). In Devices Manager for Universal-usb set the Power Management options for both items listed so that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" are unchecked, set switch on HUB to #2 and do a forced power off on the tablet. No changes in bios needed. Charge, usb mouse and an external usb HD at the same time works great.
osonas

Retailer: Lamina T-701

Postby Niall » February 3rd, 2016, 4:41 pm

My Acasis 3 Port OTG Hub arrived today. I left it on number 1, connected my charger to it first, then plugged it into the Linx. Works perfectly. No restart, no registry hacks, no power scheme fudging.

Took about 3 weeks to arrive from Guangdong.
Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
Not a scouser.
Niall
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Gift

Postby jakbli » February 8th, 2016, 1:30 pm

Hi all,
Linx7 with Windows10, I was playing around with some settings and usb hubs but no luck. Still no charging only data sync.

jakbli

Retailer: Argos

PreviousNext

Return to General (Linx 7)