Remove Advertisement

[Resolved] Can't redeem free Office 365

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

[Resolved] Can't redeem free Office 365

Postby Mrklaw » February 2nd, 2015, 7:37 pm

Because I have an existing office home subscription and they clash.

I want to use my usual Microsoft account on my linx 7 so I can get the same one drive etc, but I can't redeem my free office. Has anyone had this problem and got around it? Spent an hour on the phone to MS yesterday being bounced around and got nowhere.
Mrklaw

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Ebay

Remove Ad

Re: Can't redeem free Office 365

Postby Dann » February 3rd, 2015, 12:29 am

Have you tried cancelling your previous office subscription?
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby Mrklaw » February 3rd, 2015, 7:18 am

No, because I have 18 months left on it, and I use it with the rest of the family.
Mrklaw

Retailer: Ebay

Postby shamas » August 4th, 2015, 5:21 pm

I have just bought my Linx 7 from 'Buyur' via Amazon and it seems to be working fine but when I click on the 'Office' icon I get a screen saying "Sorry-this offer has expired"- has anyone else had this problem ? I still have OS 8.1 on it so that can't be the cause. I have contacted MS and Exertis who have said that the Retailer (Buyur) are responsible but Buyur are refusing to take the responsibility. The free 'Office' is actually stamped on the box itself (and part of it) so should MS or Exertis be responsible (as there is no expiry of the offer mentioned on the box) ? What should I do ?
shamas

Retailer: Buyur
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby Dann » August 4th, 2015, 8:36 pm

shamas wrote:I have just bought my Linx 7 from 'Buyur' via Amazon and it seems to be working fine but when I click on the 'Office' icon I get a screen saying "Sorry-this offer has expired"- has anyone else had this problem ? I still have OS 8.1 on it so that can't be the cause. I have contacted MS and Exertis who have said that the Retailer (Buyur) are responsible but Buyur are refusing to take the responsibility. The free 'Office' is actually stamped on the box itself (and part of it) so should MS or Exertis be responsible (as there is no expiry of the offer mentioned on the box) ? What should I do ?

Neither Exertis or Microsoft are responsible. "Buyur" is responsible, the device you've been given has already been turned on at least 6 months ago, hence why you're getting that error.

If the listing on amazon states you've got Office 365 there, i'd open an A to Z Guarantee Claim!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Postby shamas » August 6th, 2015, 10:27 am

Thanks a lot for your advice (!). I've already submitted an A to Z claim and Buyur have finally agreed to refund or replace the item.
shamas

Retailer: Buyur
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby Dann » August 6th, 2015, 11:05 am

shamas wrote:Thanks a lot for your advice (!). I've already submitted an A to Z claim and Buyur have finally agreed to refund or replace the item.

Great to heat your sorted, I'm gonna make this thread as resolved and lock it up!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Return to General (Linx 7)