Remove Advertisement

Can you turn the password off?

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Can you turn the password off?

Postby Klerr » October 29th, 2016, 12:48 pm

My elderly father has been bought a linx 7. We are trying to make it as easy to use as possible. He would prefer just to swipe to get into it, rather than have to type the password every time. Is this possible?
If so, could someone explain how to do it?
Klerr

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: argos
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Can you turn the password off?

Postby F0LLETT » October 30th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Klerr wrote:My elderly father has been bought a linx 7. We are trying to make it as easy to use as possible. He would prefer just to swipe to get into it, rather than have to type the password every time. Is this possible?
If so, could someone explain how to do it?

Right click windows icon on taskbar and then Command prompt (admin).
Then type "netplwiz" without " " and press enter.
In window Highlight default user (if not already highlighted) and untick the box "users must enter a username and password to use this computer".
Then click apply. It will as you once for the current users password. Enter the pass in both password boxes, click ok. Now click ok to get out of it.
Now when ever you boot, it will automatically login.

For lockscreen. Left click windows icon on taskbar and then click settings, click personalisation, then lockscreen. Scroll down and click screen saver settings. Now click change power settings. In there, click the "require a password on wakeup". There you will find an option "change settings that currently unavailable", click then scroll down to "password protection on wakeup" select "dont require a password" and then click save changes.
Close all windows you have open down and reset. It should not ask for any passwords.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby suzandy » February 5th, 2017, 4:10 pm

I also would love to be able to turn off passwords but how does one 'right click' when there is no mouse? This Linx 7 is driving me mad. Can't close pages etc etc. No wonder my brother gave it to me.
suzandy

Retailer: gift

Postby nememo » February 5th, 2017, 5:08 pm

suzandy wrote:I also would love to be able to turn off passwords but how does one 'right click' when there is no mouse? This Linx 7 is driving me mad. Can't close pages etc etc. No wonder my brother gave it to me.

Tap and hold.
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby suzandy » February 5th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Thanks, will try this. Although I did manage to rig it up with a wireless mouse and keyboard and thought I had turned this password thing off as it went straight through the password proceedure but then it went to sleep again and reverted to type when it awoke.
Now seems to have died completely so am recharging and will have another go.
The battery is really crap.
suzandy

Retailer: gift

Return to General (Linx 7)