Remove Advertisement

Linx logo only on boot after upgrade to Windows 10

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Linx logo only on boot after upgrade to Windows 10

Postby jonjuk » July 3rd, 2016, 5:59 pm

Hi all, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 before selling my Linx7 on eBay but not I can't get it to boot.

The upgrade went through fine and then Idecided to factory reset it to get rid of all my data before I sold it.

It took about 30 minutes of Windows removing everything but then it said the "reset failed" and it tried to reboot. It then tried to reset again but failed a second time.

Now when I power on I just get the Linx logo and nothing else happens.

I have tried getting into the BIOS but I just can't. I've tried pressing DEL, F2, F10 and I've also tried the Power and Volume Up button but all to no avail. I tried the Left Shift key boot which once and once only did something slightly different - I could see a Windows-style spinning wheel of doom as the mouse pointer but it just sat there not doing anything..

Is there anything I can do to resurrect this tablet or is it completely dead? Thanks for any suggestions
jonjuk

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Linx logo only on boot after upgrade to Windows 10

Postby F0LLETT » July 4th, 2016, 11:29 am

jonjuk wrote:Hi all, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 before selling my Linx7 on eBay but not I can't get it to boot.

The upgrade went through fine and then Idecided to factory reset it to get rid of all my data before I sold it.

It took about 30 minutes of Windows removing everything but then it said the "reset failed" and it tried to reboot. It then tried to reset again but failed a second time.

Now when I power on I just get the Linx logo and nothing else happens.

I have tried getting into the BIOS but I just can't. I've tried pressing DEL, F2, F10 and I've also tried the Power and Volume Up button but all to no avail. I tried the Left Shift key boot which once and once only did something slightly different - I could see a Windows-style spinning wheel of doom as the mouse pointer but it just sat there not doing anything..

Is there anything I can do to resurrect this tablet or is it completely dead? Thanks for any suggestions

If your getting linx logo, then its getting paste bios post. Are you updating from windows itself or using downloaded usb stick update?
Disconnect everything (USB wise, keyboard etc etc). Also if you have a microsd card installed, remove it.
Power and Volume + should work, also try Power and Volume -. Have you also tried pressing and holding Power for over 60? might sound silly, but I have had to do this myself sometimes.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby jonjuk » July 4th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Hi F0LLETT thanks for the reply.

I did the upgrade to 10 through Windows 8.1 so it all downloaded locally.

No MicroSD so that's not causing any issues. If I get the logo I'd hope I'd be able to get to the BIOS?

I've tried the Power button and Volume up (+) at the same time but it didn't work. Admittedly it wasn't for over 60 seconds so I will give that a go later tonight.

I am assuming here that you hold both the power and volume up (+) buttons together for the duration? Or do you let go of power once the logo comes up?
jonjuk

Retailer: eBay

Postby F0LLETT » July 5th, 2016, 10:35 am

jonjuk wrote:Hi F0LLETT thanks for the reply.

I am assuming here that you hold both the power and volume up (+) buttons together for the duration? Or do you let go of power once the logo comes up?

I normally hold buttons until it says something on screen (i.e. entering bios), else I just keep holding and if nothing happens, I start looking for issues.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby Mist001 » August 31st, 2016, 12:48 pm

I just upgraded my Linx 7 to Windows 10 last night and had this very same issue. The way I got around it was hold the power button and the volume control, pressing down on the right corner. I had to do it a couple of times but eventually a little message appeared under the Linx logo saying 'Please wait'. I did, and that got me into the repair options. I chose to wipe the drive (not the option where it warns you that it could take hours, the other option) and when I restarted, Windows 10 loaded properly. It seems to be working fine at the moment.
Mist001
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Game
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Return to General (Linx 7)