Remove Advertisement

32 GB Hard Drive or 10GB? SDCard Working?

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Re: 32 GB Hard Drive or 10GB? SDCard Working?

Postby trogggy » March 8th, 2016, 6:27 pm

You should be telling them you want an exchange at this point.
I'd be doing that via email - so you get a written response. A link to this thread wouldn't hurt.
If it's a 16GB emmc then your linx isn't as described - and you've made more than reasonable efforts to sort it out.
trogggy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad

Postby meagain » March 8th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Having had a Linx exchange before (the famous headphone problems on the Linx 7 - a proven design flaw but they gave me a new one anyway, still broken, but I got another free year of Office!) it's just simply the case of asking for an exchange and they'll arrange a collection and send you a new one quickly after (or in my case before). The Linx support team are really helpful and I'm sure they'd exchange your tablet if it is not as described.
- meagain
Watch this space
meagain
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby Popc0rn » March 8th, 2016, 9:32 pm

What you have there isn't a Linx 1010B but a Linx 10 Lite. The Lite versions come with 16 GB storage, which is why you are seeing only 10 GB storage left after what the OS and core apps use.

Get in touch with Amazon and tell them about your problem, send them a link to this thread which shows quite clearly the genuineness of your situation. You can lose nothing by trying, but with Amazon especially there is every possibility their reasonableness will rise to the occasion.
Popc0rn
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby F0LLETT » March 9th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Popc0rn wrote:What you have there isn't a Linx 1010B but a Linx 10 Lite. The Lite versions come with 16 GB storage, which is why you are seeing only 10 GB storage left after what the OS and core apps use.

Get in touch with Amazon and tell them about your problem, send them a link to this thread which shows quite clearly the genuineness of your situation. You can lose nothing by trying, but with Amazon especially there is every possibility their reasonableness will rise to the occasion.

Ermmmm, the OP, has a Linx 7.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby RevReese » April 12th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Well after countless emails and confusion, they finally agreed to an exchange!!
The guy I am talking to sent the claim on but after a few weeks never heard back so obviously gave up and agreed to a swap!

Now I only need to remember to check the hard drive capacity ASAP! ;)

Edit: Device was exchanged and new device has correct storage and a power cable that doesn't fall out when looked at sideways!
Currently upgrading to Windows 10 as it recommended me to and time to test it out! (I guess I can always go back to 8.1 can't I?)

DRAMA OVER! (hopefully.....) ;)
RevReese
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon.co.uk
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Previous

Return to General (Linx 7)