Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Installing Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry PI 2 : General (Linx 7)

Installing Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry PI 2

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Installing Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry PI 2

by SoloXis » September 2nd, 2015, 12:05 am

Hey,

Is it possible to Install Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry PI2 onto the Linx7 tablet. I've read that booting from the internal SD is a no-go, but that some users have had some success with booting from an external USB. I want to be able to test drive a few apps before I actually invest in a PI2 myself and thought the Linx7 tablet would be great for that (bought it about a year ago and its sat around collecting dust)

Thanks

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: EBuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Installing Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry PI 2

by westonpf » September 2nd, 2015, 3:59 am

What is it you are actually wanting to install, the Pi IoT version of Windows 10 or a SDK for developing applications?

If it is the actual IoT for the Pi then that will have been complied for the Pi's ARM processor and not the x86 processor in the Linx so it won't work. If you are looking for an SDK written for WIndows 10 on the PC then the only thing to watch out for is the minimum RAM requirements as the Linx 7 only has 1GB; other than that it should work.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Installing Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry PI 2

by SoloXis » September 2nd, 2015, 1:30 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, I was looking to install the OS itself onto the tablet. I'll just bite the bullet and buy the PI :P

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: EBuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1