Remove Advertisement


Charging time / problems

General chit-chat on the Linx 7

Re: Charging time / problems

Postby Pudsy » February 22nd, 2017, 1:33 pm

paulcornwall wrote:The problem is the cable. It will only allow 300-500mA to pass through. Change it to a better cable and you will see the current draw increase to 1.1 -1.2A.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it's not that. If that were the problem, then why would it resume charging normally after a simple reboot?

Besides, I (like most others experiencing this, I expect) have already tried with a whole bunch of other chargers & cables.

The issue is that it slowly loses charge if plugged in while it is currently turned on & in use.

It is presumably trickle charging (like you hint at, perhaps @ 500mA) due to some issue in the hardware/firmware/whatever, until the device completes a full shutdown or reboot cycle for whatever reason. This isn't enough to sustain the battery level, but it does drain slower than if it weren't plugged in at all.

Regardless, I've long since given up hope of an easy fix, and just reboot whenever I need to plug in / charge.
Pudsy
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: January 1st, 2015, 10:04 pm
Location: Earth
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: My Living Room

Remove Ad



Re: Charging time / problems

Postby parmarishi » June 14th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Please could someone clarify this for me.

Are you saying that if you are using the tablet and you then want to charge it, plugging in the charger without rebooting will take a very long time to completely charge the tablet whilst on or off?

So in order to:

a) Use the tablet whilst plugged in AND charge at a reasonable rate;
b) Put the tablet into sleep AND charge at a fast rate.

You must reboot and turn on with the charger plugged in?

Also, if this process is followed how long to a full charge when in sleep mode? I've read in a few places that it takes a ridiculously long time to charge but am wondering if this is because of this reboot issue.

Thanks all.
parmarishi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: June 14th, 2017, 4:17 pm
Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A
Windows Version: None

Re: Charging time / problems

Postby Pudsy » June 14th, 2017, 4:34 pm

parmarishi wrote:Are you saying that if you are using the tablet and you then want to charge it, plugging in the charger without rebooting will take a very long time to completely charge the tablet whilst on or off?

If you plug in the charger WITHOUT REBOOTING, in my experience the device actually LOSES charge (albeit much slower than if it weren't plugged in... perhaps 1% every 5 minutes or so), despite the battery icon showing the "charging" status. I gave up trying to solve the problem in the end, and just resorted to rebooting after plugging in the charger, which resolves the issue for me every time.
EDIT: To clarify, this is while the tablet is "ON" and continues to be in use, after plugging in the charger.

parmarishi wrote:So in order to:
a) Use the tablet whilst plugged in AND charge at a reasonable rate;
b) Put the tablet into sleep AND charge at a fast rate.
You must reboot and turn on with the charger plugged in?

Yes for (a).
I'm not sure on (b) as I now only use the tablet connected to a TV, so it is always plugged in to the mains power when in use, because of this issue.

parmarishi wrote:Also, if this process is followed how long to a full charge when in sleep mode? I've read in a few places that it takes a ridiculously long time to charge but am wondering if this is because of this reboot issue.

Again, not sure on this, but I seem to recall that it charges fairly quickly. I'd say somewhere around 1 hour, maybe less to fully charge... which perhaps gave around 2-3 hours or so of heavy usage. Maybe somebody else can give more accurate figures on that though, as I haven't used it unplugged for a very long time.
Pudsy
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: January 1st, 2015, 10:04 pm
Location: Earth
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: My Living Room

Previous

Return to General (Linx 7)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest