Is my linx tablet completely bricked now?

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules
This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.
Sox00
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

April 22nd, 2019, 6:40 pm

Bought the tablet off ebay (he did say it’s under warranty still) and it came With win 8.1.
Windows said there were updates and so I proceeded to update.
I had to restart my tablet for it to take effect and now when I start the device up it comes on to the sign in screen but the touch pad isn’t working and neither is any side buttons (I can only hold the power button for 30 secs to turn it off)

If I try to enter BIOS I get a blue screen with 2 empty rectangles but can’t click them (no touch screen)

I am so stumped!

I’m not sure what model the tablet is but it hasn’t got a USB port only a micro usb & mini HDMI etc. It’s the 10” one though.

I tried plugging it into my main pc but nothing happens. Is there anyway to hook it up to my main pc and restore it through there?

I literally had the thing for one day lol & now have f*cked it haha.

Any help would be grand!
Squirrel2015
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

April 26th, 2019, 8:11 am

Hi Sox00
If you go to the Microsoft website and download the most recent Win 10 build, probably iso would be best in your situation, put onto flash drive and do a new install.

I don't know if your Linx will respond to the Flash drive but, if it does, hopefully you'll be able to do clean install and have your Linx working again. Short of any other suggestions, might be worth a try ... ???

Good luck
denzil01
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: GY computers
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

April 26th, 2019, 8:02 pm

hi,
a workaround for the touchscreen would be a USB hub and a external mouse and keyboard, once connected you should be able to click on the screen, i have had the two white rectangles and when you click on one of them you should get into the recovery menu,

regards,
Denzil,