Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Memory Cards : General (All Devices) - 2

Memory Cards

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Re: Memory Cards

by Quicky » January 4th, 2015, 12:09 am

K1lo, SDHC had a maximum physical capacity of 32GB. Any SD card with a larger capacity will be SDXC. The technology is backwards compatible, so you can use SDHC in an SDXC slot, but not vice versa.

Anyone tested larger cards in the Linx 7?
Original Member
Original Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by sambartle » January 4th, 2015, 3:58 pm

64GB Kingston (SDXC10/64GB) works fine in the Linx 7, and I can try 128GB when I am next in the office as I have one there.
Last edited by sambartle on January 4th, 2015, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: eBay

by K1lo » January 4th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Good to know! Will likely order a 64 GB card in the next couple of days... the 32GB storage on my Linx7 is rather limiting. Can't imagine what the 16GB versions are like! :?
K1lo

by Quicky » January 4th, 2015, 6:18 pm

Cheers sambartle, I'll pick up a 64GB card. I've just spent £59 on a tablet, so I can't bring myself to spend double that just on extra storage!
Original Member
Original Member

Retailer: ebay

by gh97 » January 10th, 2015, 6:32 pm

Hope the 128GB cards drop in price soon, around £50 and i'd be very tempted. Could be a long time though :-(
Linx 8 owner
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by TheEnigma » January 10th, 2015, 7:07 pm

I will look to buy a memory card soon, just wondering from people's experiences how the different companies compare?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: .

by K1lo » January 10th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Not sure if there's much of a difference between different manufactures, the big difference is in the Class or speed of the memory. Still researching to discover what would be best but I'll probably go with a Class 10 or better card.
K1lo

by gh97 » January 10th, 2015, 9:09 pm

K1lo wrote:Not sure if there's much of a difference between different manufactures, the big difference is in the Class or speed of the memory. Still researching to discover what would be best but I'll probably go with a Class 10 or better card.

Yeah I don't think there's much difference between the makes, Samsung, Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend, they're all pretty reliable these days in my experience. I've found the card readers on the Linx tablets throttle the performance of class 10 cards, could probably get away with a class 6 if it's a cheaper alternative.
Linx 8 owner
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by nememo » January 10th, 2015, 9:15 pm

As others have said, there not much between manufacturers...

Although there is between sellers. Be very wary of buying off eBay and the likes, there are an awful lot of fake cards out there - either slower than advertised or worse and it being a smaller card, only formatted to show as a larger card. Buy from somewhere reputable.
Last edited by nememo on January 10th, 2015, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linx 8 Owner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Staples

by K1lo » January 10th, 2015, 9:46 pm

nememo wrote:Be very wary of buying off eBay and the likes, there are an awful lot of fake cards out there - either slow than advertised or worse and be a smaller card formatted to show as more. Buy from somewhere reputable.

I absolutely second this. eBay is great for some things but memory cards and flash drives you should stay away from on there.
K1lo

PreviousNext