Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - New Linx models : General (All Devices)

New Linx models

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

New Linx models

by ih8modem » November 20th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Will there be a new section for the new models such as the 10v64 / 12v32 / 12v64 ?

Does anyone know if these are supported in the same way as the current models? As previous owner of the 8 inch and original 10 inch I can say the new one's box is the same format etc.

I picked a 12v64 up this morning for my wife, she is loving it so far. It looks and to a degree feels like a Surface3. The kickstand is made of cheaper materials (and is quite sharp along the edge!). At £329 though, it is by no means in the cheap category that the other LINX tablets I bought previously (I was lucky to get both my 8 and 10 inch from the awesome staples deal 2 years back).

The specifications have been speculated on quite a bit as well. I can confirm that the 12v64 comes with 4GB RAM and a 64GB eMMC drive. It has only got a 2.4 GHz Wifi radio no 5GHz here :(. 1 x full size USB3.0 , 1 x Micro USB (2.0) and a micro HDMI 1.4 are found on the side. SDHC card slot is also present, no mention of SDXC. EDIT : It does support SDXC - right there on the box!

The included keyboard is pretty good, not as much flex as the one that I had for the 10 inch (the original origami keyboard) and the trackpad is pretty good too - a little noisy when you tap on it though.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: New Linx models

by Hurrahbro » November 26th, 2016, 7:26 pm

I've noticed the 12v64 is in Sainbury's under their Black Friday sale for 229 pounds

At that price I descided to grab one. for use as a home broswer/webmail machine and general writing machine.

I am a table top and live action Roleplayer, so I want to read rules through .pdf files, write plot, journals, backgrounds, histories etc. I also need web/email capability, it is nice to play casual games/fan created games (for example via RPG maker, Scumm engine etc.)

It is Windows 10 Home 64 bit o/s.

I like...
- The keyboard size (the 1010 feels a little cramped)
- Screen size, great for reading .pdf manuals and other documents.
- The Extra Ram should see some performance improvement despite the architecture jump of the O/S (compared to the 1010)
- The USB 3 port will enable access to stored data faster be they on USB sticks or USB 3 capable external drives.

I do not like...
- only 1 full sized USB port, it really needs a 2nd for using an external mouse AND external storage at the same time. If this IS being touted as a general productivity machine, that really is a must (it does not have to be a USB 3 port, a lower standard will do fine). The 1010 got this right. Yes I suppose I can get a wireless mouse but then again, they normally need a USB port for the dongle.
- SD card slot, just a slot again, the 1010 models scored major points with me by having it under a cover so that handling the tablet did not catch and accidently pop out the SD card (while it is in use and therefore a potential for coruption of data) on the card.

Less serious but still an issue...
- The keyboard feel, seriously, Sinclair QL/Plus standard, possibly a little inferior to the 1010. the edge connector for it is different from the 1010
- Does not come with Windows Mobile, oh well, time to download an Open Office fork.

With that in mind it is an OK 2nd machine for on the move use, but not really a primary machine for the user that wants to browse the web, deal with email and do a lot of word processing/spreadsheets etc.

At the price, not bad, good bangs per buck, but you might be better looking elsewhere. For a user like me, a 1010 with keyboard might be a better bet. Looks like my old dual core laptop is not getting retired to become a retro game machine just yet.
Linx 1010b and Linx 12v64 owner
Also, Larper, Table top roleplayer and wargamer, retro computer games enthusiast (Amiga 1200, 030/50 accelorator card and SD Card hard disk and CD drive, Atari 8 bit computers with SIO2SD, next pimp project, the Sinclair Spectrums)

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Sainsbury's

by lakenjr » November 26th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Have you considered using a portable usb 3 hub (eg from Startech) to provide more ports?

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Amazon

by scott12v64 » November 27th, 2016, 10:16 am

Got a 12v64 in sainburies for £229. 4gb ram 64gb storage. Much more useable than the original linx 10 with only 2gb/32gb. almost a complete knock off of a surface pro 3.

problem i have is i wiped the device to reinstall windows 10, and after finding what i thought was the folder of drivers, i realise they are customer service test programs...

10v64 drivers from here seem to fill in most the blanks, but im missing the gpio buttons, sound and touchscreen.

anyone with a non mullered 12v64 want to export some drivers for me!?

Cheers!

Scott

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"

Drivers for Linx 810B (might work on other Linx models)

by lakenjr » November 27th, 2016, 4:29 pm

I have no idea whether Linx 810B drivers will work on other Linx models. If you need some drivers, you might like to experiment with the Linx 810B drivers.

The TouchSetting files (for windows/INF) are definitely specific to the Linx 810B as they depend on screen size. However, you may still have the correct ones, or may be able to obtain them from elsewhere.

I have uploaded a complete set of drivers for Linx 810B to my GoogleDrive. See the AA README file in GoogleDrive for information
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Please post back regarding success/failure with this.

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Amazon

by scott12v64 » November 27th, 2016, 5:13 pm

downloaded those which seemed relevant, but couldn't get them to update my unrecognised devices in device manager.

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"

by F0LLETT » November 27th, 2016, 6:40 pm

scott12v64 wrote:Got a 12v64 in sainburies for £229. 4gb ram 64gb storage. Much more useable than the original linx 10 with only 2gb/32gb. almost a complete knock off of a surface pro 3.

problem i have is i wiped the device to reinstall windows 10, and after finding what i thought was the folder of drivers, i realise they are customer service test programs...

10v64 drivers from here seem to fill in most the blanks, but im missing the gpio buttons, sound and touchscreen.

anyone with a non mullered 12v64 want to export some drivers for me!?

Cheers!

Scott

Use the linx vision drivers as its the same hardware.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by Sandythehippy » December 12th, 2016, 8:42 am

What about the 1020... i cant find anything on the site about it... i have one with no recovery image etc and would like to fix it

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos

by Hurrahbro » December 16th, 2016, 3:28 am

lakenjr wrote:Have you considered using a portable usb 3 hub (eg from Startech) to provide more ports?

Yes, home use that would be the way to go.

Revewing my game notes from a USB memory stick and navigaiting them and the game rule books using a mouse at the same time (because glide pads never quite worked for me, and I need that scroll wheel for scrolling through the .pdf of the traveller rules) as I have my pre game dinner in the 'spoons however, will remain the work of my 1010b ;)

Still grumpy about the placement of the SD card slot, such a step back compared to the 1010 series.
Linx 1010b and Linx 12v64 owner
Also, Larper, Table top roleplayer and wargamer, retro computer games enthusiast (Amiga 1200, 030/50 accelorator card and SD Card hard disk and CD drive, Atari 8 bit computers with SIO2SD, next pimp project, the Sinclair Spectrums)

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Sainsbury's