Remove Advertisement

Linx 10 memory problem

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Linx 10 memory problem

Postby Enfield » November 7th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Hi,
I bought a Linx 10 light with the intention of increasing the memory using the micro SD slot.
Although the tablet acknowledges the card (D drive) and I have marked this as the drive to be used for all new storage, it does not work.
I frequently have to close windows & or restart due to 'low memory' warnings thus leaving me with a compromised product, due to system updates using the memory up. I am using premium brands of SD card and tried both 64 & 32Gb versions.
I only browse, email and shop on this potentially nice tablet.
Please can anyone help fix this lingering , annoying problem?
Enfield

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsbury
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Linx 10 memory problem

Postby F0LLETT » November 7th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Enfield wrote:Hi,
I bought a Linx 10 light with the intention of increasing the memory using the micro SD slot.
Although the tablet acknowledges the card (D drive) and I have marked this as the drive to be used for all new storage, it does not work.
I frequently have to close windows & or restart due to 'low memory' warnings thus leaving me with a compromised product, due to system updates using the memory up. I am using premium brands of SD card and tried both 64 & 32Gb versions.
I only browse, email and shop on this potentially nice tablet.
Please can anyone help fix this lingering , annoying problem?

Not sure what your trying to do. You say memory, which is RAM, not storage.
So what do you mean by "low memory"??
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby Cliff » November 25th, 2016, 7:41 pm

Assuming this is a storage space problem, the anniversary update needed a lot and didn't give it all back so this should help by deleting the backup files:
(It will also delete the old Windows 8 backup if your tablet came with Windows 8 originally but was upgraded by you to Windows 10)

1. Plug your tablet in, you don't want it running out of power during this.
2. Start the Disk Clean-up application which is provided with Windows 10 (Type Disk into Cortana to find it the easy way).
3. It will list the C drive which is what you want, so click OK.
4. Click on the option near the bottom which says Clean up system files.
5. It will list the C drive, click OK.
6. Scroll down the list until you find Previous Windows Installations and put a tick next to it.
7. Click OK.
8. Be patient, it takes a while to clean up.

That should free up over 10GB of space.

The software and games you might install yourself in the future will usually give you an option to place them wherever you want during installation, although this can be easy to overlook. It is also true of a lot of games installed through Steam. Wherever you can, avoid installing to the C drive as you'll want to leave some room for future Windows updates.
Cliff
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"

Postby Popc0rn » November 28th, 2016, 10:49 am

You will get the "low memory" message when you have too many apps/programs open, or by having far too many browser tabs open.

Start up Task Manager and you will see what I mean. (Long-press 'Start', Task Manager, More details) You will see how many apps/programs you have open and the resources they are using.

Your Linx Tablet will do more than any Android or iOS Tablet, but maybe not as much as the high-end Laptops and PC's you are familiar with at work, etc.
Popc0rn
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon

Postby F0LLETT » November 28th, 2016, 11:49 am

Popc0rn wrote:You will get the "low memory" message when you have too many apps/programs open, or by having far too many browser tabs open.

Start up Task Manager and you will see what I mean. (Long-press 'Start', Task Manager, More details) You will see how many apps/programs you have open and the resources they are using.

Your Linx Tablet will do more than any Android or iOS Tablet, but maybe not as much as the high-end Laptops and PC's you are familiar with at work, etc.

Yes, but thats what swapfile is for. You should not get any thing like that, unless swap file is to small.
It is confusing as OP, says about memory issues (I would personally think RAM), then he talks about increasing it with an SD card (Storage, not RAM / Memory).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision

Return to General (All Devices)