linx 8 charge problem(flashing red led)

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

linx 8 charge problem(flashing red led)

by awalker » September 26th, 2015, 1:48 am

Help please

was using tablet playing film on tv via hdmi cable
battery was getting low, stopped film plugged in usb charge cable.
tablet did not start charging, noticed it was very hot, so unplugged and left it overnight.

plugged usb charge led back in next day, red led flashes, no constant led like normal
left it for several hours plugged in in case battery had go really flat.
still the same :o

any help would be appreciated as currently away and was using it to back up photos

thank you

adam

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: linx 8 charge problem(flashing red led)

by franzander » November 11th, 2015, 12:12 am

I seem to have the same problem. In my case it started about two or three weeks ago. I hadn't used the device for a bit, and had made yet another attempt to get a Linux live USB to boot via UEFI although I am pretty sure that cannot have itself triggered the problem.
Anyway, if tablet is on and plugged in it simply doesn't register that it is plugged in at all (no LED, Windows battery symbol doesn't show connection). When the screen is off, I get the red LED blinking as described by the OP and the tablet obviously doesn't charge.

I have found a workaraound to at least be able to charge the tablet, although it makes it a bit of a pain to use. I completely shut down the tablet and plug it in so that I get the flashing LED. When I then press power and volume down simultaneously for a few seconds, the LED stops blinking and just stays on and the tablet appears to get charged. For some reason, I cannot boot it anymore in this state. Instead I have to pull the charging cable and only then can I boot (at least sometimes this again requires pressing power+volume down).

Hope this workaround can help others in the same situation. I would be thrilled if anybody could find a more sustainable solution though! Any thoughts and suggestions welcome!
FYI, simply resetting Window did not change anything (and should be handled with care if one is in this situation, i.e. make sure that the battery is fully charged so it doesn't run out halfway through the resetting process!).

Retailer: online

by awalker » November 11th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Sorry for the late feedback

Contacted Linx customer support and they did a pickup/swap out at the same time.

So think its a known problem. your work around is great but my battery was flat ;(

Customer support were very good to deal with

Retailer: Ebuyer

by franzander » January 22nd, 2016, 5:01 pm

Since another member just pm'ed me about the same issue, I thought I'd briefly post an update on my situation.

I got in touch with exertis, but of course their advice was just to do a full factory reset (back to Windows 8.1 as I had an original Linx 8 and upgraded to Windows 10).
I didn't expect this to help, but tried it out with an iso off the forum anyway because I had no better idea. It didn't solve the problem, but led to the minor improvement that it seems to be charging directly when I switch it off now (before I had to press Power + Volume down for about 10sec to get it to charge, no idea why).
They also sent me a USB stick to do a full factory reset - I honestly don't expect this to have a different result than the factory reset I already did, but will try it out once the USB reaches me. If/when it doesn't work, at least I can get back to them and tell them that the problem persists, and maybe convince them to either offer me a better solution or a replacement.

I don't think there's a Windows software problem actually, I rather suspect it's something in the hardware, or at least some sort of BIOS/UEFI setting that's gone mad.

If anybody else has a working solution that would be highly appreciated.

Retailer: online