Remove Advertisement

hibernating

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

hibernating

Postby Tracey » August 27th, 2015, 8:58 am

Hi i've just upgraded to windows 10 and my tablet has been hibernating since, been almost a week now and can't get it to switch off or do anything else, can someone help me please x
Tracey

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Littlewoods
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: hibernating

Postby Dann » August 27th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Tracey wrote:Hi i've just upgraded to windows 10 and my tablet has been hibernating since, been almost a week now and can't get it to switch off or do anything else, can someone help me please x

Hi Tracey, could you give us a bit more on the issue you're facing please?

Does the tablet keep turning off or when you power off does it go into hibernation?
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby MarkT » August 28th, 2015, 7:33 am

This could be a variation on the problem I've got where the power button will not turn the screen back on whilst sleeping. (I've still not got round to working some more on this but I have my workaround).

Tracey, hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but, I'm making a big assumption here that your Linx is actually on and running and that the screen will not come back on from sleep (or hibernation). So can you try pressing the power button for 15 seconds (should only need 10 but lets make sure). This will cause the tablet to power off - you won't notice much because you're screen is off. Wait about 30 seconds to allow the tablet to shutdown.

Then press the power for 3-5 seconds to turn it back on; you should see the Linx logo and then you can release the power button and the tablet should boot. If the problem is the same as mine once your screen times out again you can only get it active by rebooting as above. I have a workaround for this situation though.

Let us know how you get on so we can help further or try something else.
MarkT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon

Postby Phil G » August 28th, 2015, 7:54 am

if the issue is as described above, I'm guessing you mostlikley have the wrong chipset drivers or othe wrong 1's have defaulted, I had the same issue with this from a clean install when I installed the command center drivers I have since gone back to the M7rd drivers, link below try these and see if they sort your issue

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Phil G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: online

Return to General (All Devices)