Remove Advertisement

Extract/Activate Office 365 Product Key On Another Device

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Re: Extract/Activate Office 365 Product Key On Another Devic

Postby fred » February 8th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Dann wrote:
fred wrote:ok i have read through the thread just need some confirmations please.

ive signed into my tablet using a microsoft live account, i click on office and get the window showing the activate tab. i click the activate tab and up pops a sign in page via internet explorer for the live account.

so i dont sign in but extract the key from the url.

and then is this key still valid to a different microsoft live account because i havent signed in when i extracted the key from the url.

Your spot on Fred!

Extract that key and use that wherever you want

Thanks Dann. Much appreciated help/advice here. Good luck :)
fred

Linx Tablet: Linx 10

Remove Ad

Postby OrphanageExplosion » February 9th, 2015, 9:54 am

At the risk of taking this off-topic, I'm looking to buy 2-3 Office 365 Personal keys if anyone wants to avoid the eBay/PP fees. Maybe drop me a PM?
OrphanageExplosion

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples

Postby atmadden » March 22nd, 2015, 1:23 pm

Hello

I have a linx 10 and activated the office install and stacked the sub on a previous one I had with a linx 7. I then did the home upgrade for 7.99 but my linx 10 wouldn't charge so had to return it and got another one with another sub but this wouldn't stack as I had already upgraded. I was going to sell this on eBay but can no longer find the key. I had installed office to try to stack so uninstalled office and added another account but now there is no link to install it again to extract the key to sell.

Any ideas?

Thanks
atmadden

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby Dann » March 22nd, 2015, 5:19 pm

atmadden wrote:Hello

I have a linx 10 and activated the office install and stacked the sub on a previous one I had with a linx 7. I then did the home upgrade for 7.99 but my linx 10 wouldn't charge so had to return it and got another one with another sub but this wouldn't stack as I had already upgraded. I was going to sell this on eBay but can no longer find the key. I had installed office to try to stack so uninstalled office and added another account but now there is no link to install it again to extract the key to sell.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Restore to defaults and it'll reappear
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby EijiS » March 28th, 2015, 5:52 pm

Should this also work on the HP Stream 7? Just tried it and I don't get the key in the URL when I click on "Activate" in the Office 365 prompt at startup with and without a Microsoft account. I haven't logged into my Microsoft account after clicking the activate button as it's my understanding that would activate Office which I don't want to do on the tablet.
EijiS

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: None

Postby Dann » March 28th, 2015, 8:03 pm

EijiS wrote:Should this also work on the HP Stream 7? Just tried it and I don't get the key in the URL when I click on "Activate" in the Office 365 prompt at startup with and without a Microsoft account. I haven't logged into my Microsoft account after clicking the activate button as it's my understanding that would activate Office which I don't want to do on the tablet.

Should be fine!

PM me the full address bar and ill look for you!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Postby Reddeviluk » March 30th, 2015, 1:31 pm

I have two licenses to sell on from my Linx 7 & 10. Guessing eBay is the best way?. What price should I expect??

Many thanks,

Rich
Reddeviluk
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Staples

Postby Dann » March 31st, 2015, 6:21 pm

Reddeviluk wrote:I have two licenses to sell on from my Linx 7 & 10. Guessing eBay is the best way?. What price should I expect??

Many thanks,

Rich

you could post it on our brand new Marketplace area! viewforum.php?f=43
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Postby jonmknight » April 5th, 2015, 11:54 am

Question.. I bought my linx 8 as a '14day customer return' - I'm very dubious that someone's bought it, extracted the key, sold it then returned.. I wanted to sell my product key on eBay... Is there any way I can verify the key is unused without actually attempting to activate myself?
jonmknight
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: EBay

Postby Dann » April 5th, 2015, 12:24 pm

jonmknight wrote:Question.. I bought my linx 8 as a '14day customer return' - I'm very dubious that someone's bought it, extracted the key, sold it then returned.. I wanted to sell my product key on eBay... Is there any way I can verify the key is unused without actually attempting to activate myself?

I'm not 100% certain on this, you'd maybe have to contact microsoft and ask them!?
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General (All Devices)