Remove Advertisement


Extract/Activate Office 365 Product Key On Another Device

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Extract/Activate Office 365 Product Key On Another Device

Postby Dann » December 21st, 2014, 12:33 am

Last edited by Dann on January 25th, 2015, 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad



Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby merrymen » December 23rd, 2014, 3:09 am

Hello
How do you bypass the Windows Live ID page?
Thanks.
merrymen
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 3:06 am
Linx Tablet: Linx 10

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby James » December 24th, 2014, 12:23 am

Thanks this was useful. Just a quick note, you can still do this even if you did originally log in with a live id account. You just need to create a new local account. You can do this by:

1. Swipe in from the right to open the charms bar
2. Click the settings icon
3. Click change PC settings at the bottom
4. Click the Accounts menu item
5. Click Other Accounts
6. Click Add an Account
7. At the bottom click Sign in without a Microsoft Account
8. Click local account
9. Enter the username and password and hint

Then log out and back in with the new non Microsoft Account and you can then follow the process above. After you have the key you can then log back in with your normal account and then remove the local one if not needed again.
James
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:11 am
Location: York
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Stapples

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby Dann » December 24th, 2014, 12:27 am

James wrote:Thanks this was useful. Just a quick note, you can still do this even if you did originally log in with a live id account. You just need to create a new local account. You can do this by:

1. Swipe in from the right to open the charms bar
2. Click the settings icon
3. Click change PC settings at the bottom
4. Click the Accounts menu item
5. Click Other Accounts
6. Click Add an Account
7. At the bottom click Sign in without a Microsoft Account
8. Click local account
9. Enter the username and password and hint

Then log out and back in with the new non Microsoft Account and you can then follow the process above. After you have the key you can then log back in with your normal account and then remove the local one if not needed again.


Thanks for that James! :D
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby aztech » December 27th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Thanks. Got a 10 and an 8. Managed to extend my subscription by a year by extracting the key as above.
aztech
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: December 27th, 2014, 5:25 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby trysoftware » December 28th, 2014, 11:24 am

Hi aztech,
Regarding your comment -> "Thanks. Got a 10 and an 8. Managed to extend my subscription by a year by extracting the key as above."

How did you manage to extend it using your second license please, is yours now running until 2016 (not 2015)?
Did you add it on your manage subscription page?

Thanks
trysoftware
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: December 27th, 2014, 10:30 pm
Location: Online
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby aztech » December 28th, 2014, 11:32 pm

trysoftware wrote:Hi aztech,
Regarding your comment -> "Thanks. Got a 10 and an 8. Managed to extend my subscription by a year by extracting the key as above."

How did you manage to extend it using your second license please, is yours now running until 2016 (not 2015)?
Did you add it on your manage subscription page?

Thanks


Extract the key as outlined above and then log in to office 365 via web page and towards the bottom left hand there's an option to enter the key which extends the subscription. I bought 2 x 10" and an 8" and license now expires Dec 2017. I just put an old version of Office on two of the tablets for the kids, who'll have access to a desktop with 365 on it. Any problems let me know.
aztech
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: December 27th, 2014, 5:25 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby davidclack » December 29th, 2014, 4:58 am

Could someone tell me why it doesn't work if you have logged in with a Windows Live ID please?

I logged in with my Live ID (because I didn't know about this site), and when I clicked on the office icon it went to the activation page, where I copied the address and extracted the pass key.

Thanks for your help.
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...
davidclack
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 12:57 am
Location: Peterborough
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby Dann » December 29th, 2014, 3:35 pm

davidclack wrote:Could someone tell me why it doesn't work if you have logged in with a Windows Live ID please?

I logged in with my Live ID (because I didn't know about this site), and when I clicked on the office icon it went to the activation page, where I copied the address and extracted the pass key.

Thanks for your help.


Hi David,

I've wrongly assumed it'd automatically activated it, using it when you've used a Live ID is fine..

Will update the post shortly :D
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Sell/Activate Office 365 Subscription On Another Device

Postby davidclack » December 29th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Thanks for the reply, because I sold it on a well known auction site and was worried I will get a message saying it doesn't work! :)
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...
davidclack
Original Member
Original Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 12:57 am
Location: Peterborough
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Next

Return to General (All Devices)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest