Remove Advertisement

Chrome

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Chrome

Postby BrianVT » August 23rd, 2015, 12:27 pm

I'm not happy with all the restrictions imposed by Microsoft.
Is it possible to load Chrome and use the Google touch interface on the Linx 10?
BrianVT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Chrome

Postby danskeman » August 23rd, 2015, 12:57 pm

Can you clarify what you mean.

I ask because as I understand it the chrome extensions are (allegedly - I have not tried them) to make it easier to use on small touchscreens.

An alternative approach which I find that gives much greater precision is to install touchmousepointer (google it) and you can turn the screen into a giant laptop style trackpad. You can toggle in or off at push of a button.
danskeman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby westonpf » August 23rd, 2015, 5:03 pm

You can install the chrome browser and switch it to full screen mode. Chrome can be quite memory hungry but it works ok. The problem with desktop applications as opposed to App Store apps is that the on screen keyboard doesn't pop up automatically (or doesn't for me) which makes it more difficult to use,

If you are talking about install the Chromium OS then it may be more difficult as it has Linux underneath and would need the 32bit EFI.
westonpf
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby nememo » August 23rd, 2015, 5:06 pm

Chrome runs dreadfully on these tablets. It used to be really good, but it's now horribly inefficient and crawls on these tablets despite them being more than capable of browsing the web!
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby meagain » November 30th, 2015, 7:50 pm

nememo wrote:Chrome runs dreadfully on these tablets. It used to be really good, but it's now horribly inefficient and crawls on these tablets despite them being more than capable of browsing the web!

Yep, very laggy.
It's due to RAM - it works fine on Android. Prefer chrome over Edge on Windows 10 though.
- meagain
Watch this space
meagain
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Return to General (All Devices)