Remove Advertisement

Antivirus Software

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Antivirus Software

Postby grezmel » August 18th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Hi,

Can Linx users let me know there experience with the Antivirus software that they use on their Linx tablets.

For some reason my tablet has slowed down when browsing the internet using the new Microsoft Edge. Some pages just hang until I close and re open Edge. I'm wondering if its my anti-virus, currently Avira.

Also does anyone else have issues closing the annoying full page adverts that appear on some sites - an example site is ibtimes.co.uk. I have to click on the advert X numerous times before the advert closes.
grezmel
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Antivirus Software

Postby Griryu » August 18th, 2015, 11:10 pm

grezmel wrote:Hi,

Can Linx users let me know there experience with the Antivirus software that they use on their Linx tablets.

For some reason my tablet has slowed down when browsing the internet using the new Microsoft Edge. Some pages just hang until I close and re open Edge. I'm wondering if its my anti-virus, currently Avira.

Also does anyone else have issues closing the annoying full page adverts that appear on some sites - an example site is ibtimes.co.uk. I have to click on the advert X numerous times before the advert closes.

I have the same issue in Microsoft Edge. This happens on my tablet, pc and laptop so it is most likely the browser and not the Linx tablet.

For the web browsing in general you could try firefox, they have just released a new update which seems very stable and quite good performance on Windows 10. You can also get a plugin called adblocker to get rid of most ads and popups!
Griryu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Argos

Postby Phil G » August 18th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Defo a edge issue I got it on my lappy desktops and various tablets
Phil G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: online
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby grezmel » August 20th, 2015, 10:14 am

Hopefully they will push out a fix for Edge soon if its causing issues with desktop and laptops as well.
grezmel
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Sainsburys

Return to General (All Devices)