Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Are you going to be upgrading? : General (All Devices) - 2

Are you going to be upgrading?

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Are you going to be upgrading to the Linx 810, or Linx 1010?

Yeah! I'm Upgrading to the Linx 810!
3%
Yeah! I'm Upgrading to the Linx 1010!
8%
I Might, Waiting to see other's reviews!
17%
No, my current Linx does me well.
71%

Total votes : 63

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

by danskeman » August 26th, 2015, 10:19 am

ralphss8 wrote:I was just about to buy a Linx 10. Now I'm going to wait as the 1010 seems to be well worth the extra £25.
On the other hand I suppose the retailers might be dumping the 10 now?

Main advantage is two full size usb ports an 10 preinstalled.
It is thought the micro usb slot can charge and data transfer at same time, but that is not verified yet.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by donna » August 27th, 2015, 4:47 pm

I've got the Linx 8 and was thinking of going for a Linx 10 for the bigger screen when I heard about the Linx 1010. The full size USBs definitely make the new model more temping.

Are all three 1010 models (B/E/P) Windows 10 Home though?

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010

by 55brianb » August 27th, 2015, 11:29 pm

I love my Linx 10 and noticed that I'm now using it rather than my Lenovo Thinkpad X201, which cost a LOT more.

But I don't see any point in upgrading from the Linx 10 to the Linx 1010 - same processor, same RAM. I've no desire to go to Windows 10 yet. Are there any compelling reasons to go from the Linx 10 to the Linx 1010? Does it have a glass screen? Longer battery life?

I'm happy enough with my 10, but could be persuaded...

Cheers!
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bluesmanuk » August 28th, 2015, 12:16 am

It does look like more of a facelift.

I'm amazed that the Atom X5 wasn't used instead to take it forward a generation.

Full HD would have also been a better selling point.

The keyboard should be a standard feature.

I believe that the general 10" tablet market is going to be very overcrowded during the rest of the year, so it will be difficult for the new range to stand out from the rest.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebay

by moonklash » August 28th, 2015, 9:44 am

I'm waiting for my office license to expire on my 7 in January, then see if there are any cheap deals for the 10 or 1010. Doesn't seem like there's been much in the way of hardware changes in the 1010 so it's office that'll sway me.

That said, I heard Windows is changing strategy and stopping free office licenses with tablets. If that's the case I'd try and snap up a 10 (if any are still around with office) or just not bother. I love the tablet but I'm justifying the cost of any upgrade with it giving me an office license for my desktop!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay

by Wbutchart » August 28th, 2015, 11:12 am

moonklash wrote:I'm waiting for my office license to expire on my 7 in January, then see if there are any cheap deals for the 10 or 1010. Doesn't seem like there's been much in the way of hardware changes in the 1010 so it's office that'll sway me.

That said, I heard Windows is changing strategy and stopping free office licenses with tablets. If that's the case I'd try and snap up a 10 (if any are still around with office) or just not bother. I love the tablet but I'm justifying the cost of any upgrade with it giving me an office license for my desktop!

Yeah, windows 10 will offer the mobile apps instead. Which is fine for us but any device above 10.1 inches needs a 365 subscription to edit. So you would have mobile suite editing with the 1010 but no 365 subscription (only an issue if other devices are tied in or the 1TB is needed).
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World

by rodonn » August 28th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Has anyone seen a supplier for a 1010p?
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 55brianb » August 29th, 2015, 10:13 pm

Maybe I'm being a little over-critical, but why did they move the Windows button from the long edge to the short edge? I mean, who uses a 10-inch tablet in portrait mode? I use mine in landscape mode 100% of the time, and having the Windows button in the new position will mean annoyance when holding the tablet in this mode as the button will invariably be pressed by mistake by my thumb.

Ditto for the light sensor/camera on the opposite short side which will be covered by my other thumb.

Damned stupid idea and enough to be a deal-breaker for me.
Premium Member
Premium Member

by varkanoid » August 31st, 2015, 9:41 am

I have a Linx 10 and unless they have fixed the reliability of it switching on when it sometimes doesnt then I wont be upgrading.

To me the internals look exactly the same apart from the USB ports and it does not seem enough of an upgrade to warrant buying it. I am not bothered about the USB ports as I bought a USB OTG adaptor which fits into the existing micro usb port and gives you a full size USB port anyway. Cost me a couple of pounds. Windows 10 installed fine. I have the orgami keyboard which is fine too. Okay I dont get charging over usb but thats not enough to for me to splash the cash.

Only thing I need right now is a decent screen protector. Been trying to find a tempered glass one as I hate the plastic ones and can never get them on bubble free.

If they upgrade the spec them I am in but until then no no.

Retailer: Very

by gavinfdavies » September 2nd, 2015, 4:21 pm

Tempted, but as mine's only 9 months old, I'm a bit reluctant to splash out... again! The main selling points for me would be proper USB ports and the proper keyboard. My origami one is pant. Keys keep jamming, space bar is nearly worn out, track pad is hit and miss, no mouse buttons, and it's floppy. If you want to use it one your lap, it take up about twice the expected amount of room, and you can't sit it centrally, else the fold falls between your legs.

But enough origami bashing!

It's a real shame the new keyboard isn't backward compatible, and that they've not upgraded the RAM or resolution to future proof it a little.

I'm mainly holding out for a trade-in offer, as there was on the Linx 10 originally (£50 at some places). I would add that Windows 10 is much more PC friendly than 8.1 (though I got round this my installing a start-menu patch).

Retailer: Woolworths/Very

PreviousNext