Remove Advertisement


Are you going to be upgrading?

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Are you going to be upgrading to the Linx 810, or Linx 1010?

Yeah! I'm Upgrading to the Linx 810!
2
3%
Yeah! I'm Upgrading to the Linx 1010!
5
8%
I Might, Waiting to see other's reviews!
11
17%
No, my current Linx does me well.
45
71%
 
Total votes : 63

Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby Dann » August 18th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Are you going to be upgrading to the new Linx 810 or new Linx 1010?

(the Linx 810 is essentially the Linx 8, but with Windows 10, and according to the BHS Direct website, as 64bit processor.. (unconfirmed))
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad



Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby Wbutchart » August 18th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Reluctantly keeping mines, only three weeks old! Through when I say reluctantly its not really, the 10 is great although the new keyboard variation is something ill be watching out for reviews on.
Wbutchart
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
 
Posts: 150
Joined: April 4th, 2015, 2:50 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby nememo » August 18th, 2015, 8:46 pm

The existing Linx's are also 64bit processors Dann!

Won't be upgrading - already on the hunt for a cherry trail tablet now that they're out!
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 489
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 8:04 am
Location: Bracknell, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby Dann » August 18th, 2015, 9:03 pm

nememo wrote:The existing Linx's are also 64bit processors Dann!

Won't be upgrading - already on the hunt for a cherry trail tablet now that they're out!


BHS says its the 64 bit, i wonder if its a 64bit EFI
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby rodonn » August 18th, 2015, 11:48 pm

The twin USB 3.0s make it a tempting proposition.
rodonn
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: April 28th, 2015, 2:39 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby veeell » August 19th, 2015, 12:27 am

Dann wrote:Are you going to be upgrading to the new Linx 810 or new Linx 1010?

(the Linx 810 is essentially the Linx 8, but with Windows 10, and according to the BHS Direct website, as 64bit processor.. (unconfirmed))

I'm doing it now :) wish me luck!
Also first post here. Hi yawl.
veeell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 10:11 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: dabs4work.co.uk
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby veeell » August 19th, 2015, 1:15 am

veeell wrote:
Dann wrote:Are you going to be upgrading to the new Linx 810 or new Linx 1010?

(the Linx 810 is essentially the Linx 8, but with Windows 10, and according to the BHS Direct website, as 64bit processor.. (unconfirmed))

I'm doing it now :) wish me luck!
Also first post here. Hi yawl.

I missunderstood ... Thought this thread was for upgrading to windows 10 on the existing tablet :P

It has successfully deployed but no Ill be keeping my current one for the moment :)
veeell
Member
Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 10:11 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: dabs4work.co.uk
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby westonpf » August 19th, 2015, 4:19 am

Dann wrote:
nememo wrote:The existing Linx's are also 64bit processors Dann!

Won't be upgrading - already on the hunt for a cherry trail tablet now that they're out!


BHS says its the 64 bit, i wonder if its a 64bit EFI


I'm not sure that BHS are the most technology aware retailer out there so whilst it will be a 64bit processor much like the current range it doesn't mean that it will be enabled in the EFI. It would be better if the people behind the Linx could confirm 64bit EFI or not.

As for upgrading, I can't see any compelling reasons at the moment; I'm running Windows 10 quite happily on my Linx 10, the specs would need to be significantly improved to even call it an upgrade.
westonpf
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd
 
Posts: 154
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 4:36 am
Location: Wolverhampton
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby Phil G » August 19th, 2015, 11:22 am

More like a face lift
Phil G
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: February 1st, 2015, 3:07 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: online
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: Are you going to be upgrading?

Postby ralphss8 » August 20th, 2015, 9:38 am

I was just about to buy a Linx 10. Now I'm going to wait as the 1010 seems to be well worth the extra £25.
On the other hand I suppose the retailers might be dumping the 10 now?
ralphss8
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 2:09 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Debenhams
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Next

Return to General (All Devices)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest