Remove Advertisement

Missing drivers after clean Windows 10 installed on Linx 10"

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.
Forum rules This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Missing drivers after clean Windows 10 installed on Linx 10"

Postby al3x7 » August 7th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I want to do a clean install on my tablet after I done the upgrade to Windows 10 because I want to free some space and I get rid of with the recovery partition. After I done the CLEAN Windows 10 installation I had to face a lots of missing driver. After a couple hours digging online I found this driver pack which is working perfectly with my Linx 10".

I hope this will going to help a lots of people here.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Kind Regards,

Alex
Last edited by Dann on August 7th, 2015, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to post drivers that are on the LinxTablet.co.uk servers
al3x7

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

Remove Ad

Re: Missing drivers after clean Windows 10 installed on Linx

Postby Amanygames » August 7th, 2015, 2:05 pm

so wait. when you did a clean windows 10 install, did your display driver, touch display driver and sound driver go too?
EDIT: also battery ;P
thanks! i shall try this after you replied ;P
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby al3x7 » August 7th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Yes, you right. After clean windows 10 install nothing was working only the WIFI adapter.

I have now 20gb free space after clean install and recovery partition removed. I made a recovery USB drive just in case.
al3x7

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

Postby Amanygames » August 7th, 2015, 3:54 pm

wow!! now I am defiantly doing to try this ;D
thanks!
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: amazon

Postby PIERREGEORGES » August 25th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Hi Alex.
This is my first day on the forum so maybe I am being thick but I cannot see the address or a link to this driver pack which will (I hope) work wonders on my mute and untouchable Linx10 with otherwise functional Windows 10. Mind you, like many others it was a long and interesting journey getting there.
Please can you repost the link for the driver pack?

Many thanks, Pierregeorges
PIERREGEORGES

Retailer: CURRYS

Postby Barfydee » August 27th, 2015, 8:07 am

Hi this is my first post on the forum. Thanks Dan for the help you have been giving everyone its been a great help. I have a linx 10 tablet and upgraded using the windows upgrade option without a problem. I then had some use for a day or so but this was without wifi connection.
Once having a wifi connection I turned on my tablet to be locked out of the Windows live login even though my login was correct.
I then did clean install of windows 10 on a USB stick. After installing the drivers and Bios I have the following problems which I am very sure must be common.

I have no sound at all and the speakers aren't recognised as the default speaker. I have updated all drivers and also uninstalled and reinstalled. The Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Audio Codec seem to be have a problem with windows 10

The battery icon at the bottom remains empty all the time and doesn't recognise battery life

When I put an SD card slot also seems not to be working.

I would be grateful of any help with this as I have spent a very long time trying to sort this out
and would be over the moon to get it up and running properly
Thanks
Nick
Barfydee

Retailer: Ebay

Postby MarkT » August 28th, 2015, 7:17 am

First of all get all the drivers for your tablet from the link above and make them available to your tablet by putting them on a USB stick or temporarily copying them to the C:\ drive.

Barfydee wrote:I have no sound at all and the speakers aren't recognised as the default speaker. I have updated all drivers and also uninstalled and reinstalled. The Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Audio Codec seem to be have a problem with windows 10

Go to the device manager and find the sound device. Update the driver but allow the device manager to search your tablet for the drivers. Point the search at the root of the driver folder you created above and make sure you have selected the option to search subfolders. Device Manager should find the drivers and load them. I had exactly the same problem with my sound.

Barfydee wrote:The battery icon at the bottom remains empty all the time and doesn't recognise battery life

Again, go to device manager. You have likely got some unknown devices. Update the drivers for each of the unknown devices using the search method described above. Again I had this problem.

Hope this helps.
MarkT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Return to General (All Devices)