Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Disassembly instructions : General (All Devices) - 2

Disassembly instructions

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Re: Disassembly instructions

by buttugly » January 2nd, 2015, 10:34 am

If someone could test their mic I'd appreciate it, I've downloaded Decibel Meter app, I can't set a workable mic level far too much inherent noise, in two minds whether to return for refund.
Original Member
Original Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by eby4073 » January 3rd, 2015, 11:57 pm

Would be nice if RAM is upgradable, 16Gb would be cool!
Re Mic... am having similar issues on the Linx 10: I deleted the driver and trued a windows reset.
You can improve it a tiny bit by fiddling with the volume vs boost in driver settings but unless anyone else has a mike that works properly, I think it's a hardware not software problem.
Assuming you've already come across these pics of the similar/identical cube iwork 10?
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
If anyone does open it up, could you take a look at the microphone and let me know if repositioning it might help. It looks like the pick-up faces the screen in the pic, but that might just be the pic!
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: staples

by buttugly » January 4th, 2015, 12:36 am

I posted that link yesterday :D the mic is the round thing with two wires soldered onto it.
Original Member
Original Member

by eby4073 » January 4th, 2015, 1:56 am

Ah thanks!
Yes, was wondering if it was a unidirectional mic, directed at the hole in the casing
or just a standard headphone-like piece with a hole in the casing next to it, picking up a lot of background noise
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: staples

by buttugly » January 4th, 2015, 9:54 am

I've disabled the mic and it still performs in the same way, I get lots of electrical noise not background noise either way :?:
Original Member
Original Member

by K1lo » January 4th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Doubt RAM is upgradable.. unless you have exactly the right chips and are very handy with a soldering iron :shock:
K1lo

by Aergan » January 13th, 2015, 7:28 pm

I opened my first (faulty) Linx 10 with a standard black Dunlop guitar plectrum ran carefully along the bezel & rear casing. There's a set of fastening clips every 40-50mm. The power and volume button plastic rockers are not attached and will come away from the main logic board & rear casing - don't lose them.

Most components are held in-place with anti-static adhesive tape. This includes the battery, GPIO volume controls, radio antenna array, docking connector & cables.

The main logic board has a thermal pad / EMI / RF shield that's adhesive on the component side. This is partially held in-place by two screws that attaches the logic board to the screen.

On the main logic board there are headers for a motor (vibration function) that hasn't been used.

Most components are soldered onto the main logic board (Intel CPU/GPU, Samsung RAM, SK Hynix eMMC 32GB storage, Realtek radio). All these components are BGA soldered to the board - you would not be right in the head to attempt anything other than direct replacement (and then would need a BGA rework station & re-flow oven). There is no way to upgrade the RAM without replacing the entire logic board.
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Amazon UK

by K1lo » January 14th, 2015, 9:26 am

Can you post some pictures of the internals?
K1lo

by gh97 » January 14th, 2015, 12:06 pm

+1 for some pictures :-)
Linx 8 owner
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by gball » January 30th, 2015, 3:32 pm

So the eMMC is not upgradeable either? I was hoping to up the SSD to 64G to allow it to run things like a VM on it (my work has a virtual laptop type solution - a few people have them running on a Surface Pro3) Unfortunately the performance of the MicroSD card is too limiting - I can only seem to get 1MB/s even with a Class10 card.

Retailer: eBuyer

PreviousNext