Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Help with Duel Booting Windows 10 and Android : General (All Devices)

Help with Duel Booting Windows 10 and Android

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Help with Duel Booting Windows 10 and Android

by VortexHD » May 25th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Hello,
So i have a Linx Vision tablet that i got last year but i was expecting more apps and games to be in the windows store.
However i was looking on here at a tutorial on how to dual boot with android which will bring more apps and games that i can use.
Howerver im not sure if its compatible with my device i was looking at this one: page.php?p=installing-android-on-the-linx-10---guide
I have followed the steps upto Installing Android! because im waiting for my usb hub in the post to connect usb and keyboard.
I wanted to take a look at the bios on this thing to see how i would boot to usb. I have discoverd the bios is more complicated then i thought.
It also has built in options to boot to android. i will show u some here.

Start of Bios: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Boot Menu: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Boot Config: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Android Menu: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Boot Menu: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

So my question is is will the tut work fine or do i need to change extra settings?
Thanks So Much

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: pc world
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Help with Duel Booting Windows 10 and Android

by arwynj55 » May 26th, 2017, 11:46 pm

enable the android boot (its in the os boot menu somehwere) then id say use a live android x86 image and just test first then if all is good use the app from xda to install it You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

should just simplyfy things a bit...

you are using the linx vision from what i can see :) so am i but ive loaded ubuntu 17.04 in 64bit mode on mine but will install once i correct the touchscreen in portrait mode

Retailer: ebay

by VortexHD » May 28th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Hello thxs for the info however i have a bigger issue. So i did the install and when i went to boot the tablet it said "acpi bios error" so i tryed doing it again still the same so i tryed using my recovery usb with it saying the same thing. So i went back into the android create partions and deleted them all so all i had left was 30GB of emptyspace. I tryed booting to the recovery again with same error!!!!! Also tryed with a iso on here and with a windows 10 iso with no luck. I have no idea what to do please help? I thought maybe i need to make the empty space a partition or something?
here is some pictures:
Screen 1: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Screen 2: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Screen 3: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Thank you soooo much for your time :)

by VortexHD » May 28th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Ok so a quick update!
I went to bios changed something from Android boot to Windows 8 then saved without exit set to defaults then saved and booted to linx usb and it worked its installing windows.

by VortexHD » May 28th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Another update :)
This time bad!
Applying Image
[=========== 20% ]

Error: 1392

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The DISM log file can be found at X:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
Failed to apply image to w:

An Error has been detected.

So yh anyone know what error that is?

by VortexHD » May 28th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Ok so again another update!
I have tryed fixing the install.wim with this command on my computer: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:H:repairSource\install.wim
With no luck.

by VortexHD » May 28th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Ok so finally i have got it to work!!!
I used a the recovery iso on here and extracted it to get the install.wim and replaced the one on the Linx Recovery usb and it worked and im so happy!
So if anyone else has the same issue please try this ^

by enzoruizb » July 1st, 2017, 3:44 pm

VortexHD wrote:Ok so finally i have got it to work!!!
I used a the recovery iso on here and extracted it to get the install.wim and replaced the one on the Linx Recovery usb and it worked and im so happy!
So if anyone else has the same issue please try this ^

Can you please make a tutorial on how did you install Android? Thank u!!

Retailer: Ebay

by Tone4 » September 22nd, 2017, 10:59 pm

Thank you for posting all of the steps you took along the way to recovery. Personally i wanted to know if all what you did was possible as i too want to install Linux and Windows 7 (i hate touch and use a mini wifi kb and touchpad).
Thanks again, so happy you had success in recovering your tablet.
I absolutely love these linx tablets, i've now got an 8 inch, 2 10's and the 12v x64.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: sainsbury's
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by BabyIcha » April 28th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Don't do it. It wiped windows 10 and It boots into a BSOD

Linx Tablet: Linx 820
Retailer: Argos