Remove Advertisement

Linx 7, 8 & 10 Factory Recovery Image

If you're gonna create a guide... stick it in here!

Re: Linx 7, 8 & 10 Factory Recovery Image

Postby janwu » September 2nd, 2016, 7:29 pm

Thank you . You are the best. ;)))
janwu

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby DragonZord » September 3rd, 2016, 8:34 pm

Hi there

new to this.

have completed all steps but keeps coming up with error "There was a problem resetting your PC"

not sure where to go now.

issue started upon installing Windows 10

regards
DragonZord

Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby F0LLETT » September 4th, 2016, 9:37 am

DragonZord wrote:Hi there

new to this.

have completed all steps but keeps coming up with error "There was a problem resetting your PC"

not sure where to go now.

issue started upon installing Windows 10

regards

Have you tried startup repair? in advanced boot menu?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby DragonZord » September 4th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Yeah got same message.

Managed to reset though. I had created boot file on ntfs rather that fat 32

Have stupidly tried to reinstall Windows 10 since and have same problem with being stuck on linx logo. Have tried to do reset but now nothing is happening. Just stuck on logo every time I try to boot from the usb. I'm thinking power issue.

Does anyone have an easier method to updat Windows 10 (obviously once I manage to get the tablet reset again)
DragonZord

Postby F0LLETT » September 5th, 2016, 7:54 am

DragonZord wrote:Yeah got same message.

Managed to reset though. I had created boot file on ntfs rather that fat 32

Have stupidly tried to reinstall Windows 10 since and have same problem with being stuck on linx logo. Have tried to do reset but now nothing is happening. Just stuck on logo every time I try to boot from the usb. I'm thinking power issue.

Does anyone have an easier method to updat Windows 10 (obviously once I manage to get the tablet reset again)

So just to be clear, if you create a bootable FAT32 stick with rufus with Win10 32Bit iso on it and then boot from it. It gets stuck at logo?
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby DragonZord » September 6th, 2016, 8:47 am

Hi there. I managed to get the system back to 8.1 using the recovery image again, my initial problem recovering was a power issue (not charged enough to allow power to the Usb stick) and have not since tried to update to w10 again.

I originally used the upgrade process from Windows itself, Microsoft is still allowing upgrade free through the accessibility program (assistive technology). I don't think I'd be able to use that to create an iso, and with Windows 10 now costing then I'm not sure how to get the upgrade file without using the website upgrade option.

Both times I've tried to update the system updates fine then reboots, after reboot I get the linx logo and it stays there until I power off.
DragonZord

Postby F0LLETT » September 6th, 2016, 12:42 pm

DragonZord wrote:Hi there. I managed to get the system back to 8.1 using the recovery image again, my initial problem recovering was a power issue (not charged enough to allow power to the Usb stick) and have not since tried to update to w10 again.

I originally used the upgrade process from Windows itself, Microsoft is still allowing upgrade free through the accessibility program (assistive technology). I don't think I'd be able to use that to create an iso, and with Windows 10 now costing then I'm not sure how to get the upgrade file without using the website upgrade option.

Both times I've tried to update the system updates fine then reboots, after reboot I get the linx logo and it stays there until I power off.

Maybe its installing the wrong version?
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby DragonZord » September 6th, 2016, 12:49 pm

Definitely final version of Windows 10, only difference is that it's free for accessibility users. Microsoft loophole for still getting W10.

From another post I found out that The update deletes the partition required for booting. But any attempts to repair just come up with an error.

Sorry I'm aware this isn't in the correct thread but I have posted it in another area of the forum

F0LLETT wrote:
DragonZord wrote:Hi there. I managed to get the system back to 8.1 using the recovery image again, my initial problem recovering was a power issue (not charged enough to allow power to the Usb stick) and have not since tried to update to w10 again.

DragonZord

Postby F0LLETT » September 6th, 2016, 6:49 pm

DragonZord wrote:Definitely final version of Windows 10, only difference is that it's free for accessibility users. Microsoft loophole for still getting W10.

From another post I found out that The update deletes the partition required for booting. But any attempts to repair just come up with an error.

Sorry I'm aware this isn't in the correct thread but I have posted it in another area of the forum

F0LLETT wrote:

Use the recovery console (Windows Pre-install Enviroment), to create a new MBR and BCD. It should then point to your windows partition.
I have deleted all partitions in the past and had only one. Windows worked fine, didnt like having that stupid extra 100MB partition.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby Praxis99 » September 17th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Just want to say thanks for posting this. It allowed me to quickly reset my Linx 8 tablet to Win 8.1 after all sorts of issues with Win 10 upgrade. Can't speak for anyone else but as much as I like Win 10 on my desktop PC, Win 8 just seems to be a better fit with the Linx.
Praxis99

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon

PreviousNext

Return to Guides (All Devices)