As per the plans I had on my last post where I showed you how to manually install Windows 10 with everything working on the Linx7, I have finally made an image for the Linx7. To use the image follow the steps below (video is incoming)
- Grab a flash drive (preferably an 8GB one), format it as NTFS, also make sure to name it "LINX7" (else it will not work
- Download the image from the link below, extract the RAR file and then copy all the contents of the ZIP file to the USB drive. Once done safely eject it.
- Connect the USB drive, with a keyboard to the Linx7. Turn on the Linx7 and immediately start tapping F7 on the keyboard, this will show you the boot menu. Select the USB drive with the arrow keys and press Enter to continue.
- Windows PE will soon load and will format the Linx's drive, partition it, re-image Windows on it and also install the EFI bootloader on it. Once its done - Windows PE will automatically reboot. Make sure to remove the USB drive or the Linx might boot from it if you have any boot overrides in the BIOS.
- The Windows 10 OOBE screen should show up asking you to enter language, etc.. (At this point the touchscreen and any other driver would already be working as its a custom image.)
- When it asks you for the key, click on "Do it later" and Windows will later auto activate (if you have properly done the Windows 8 to 10 upgrade before)
- Once you go through the OOBE setup (entering username, time zone, privacy settings, etc..) you'll be welcomed with the Windows 10 welcome screen after a couple of minutes. You may then enjoy the tablet with everything working while running Windows 10.
Download link for the image:
As always if you have any issues please feel free to comment below, a YouTube video is also upcoming. I just need to find the time to make it.