Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - [Guide]Installing Windows 10 on the Linx7 Everything working : Guides (All Devices)

[Guide]Installing Windows 10 on the Linx7 Everything working

If you're gonna create a guide... stick it in here!

[Guide]Installing Windows 10 on the Linx7 Everything working

by TechSkeech » April 25th, 2016, 11:47 am

UPDATE 3: Image has been posted - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2007 I would recommend that you use the image method as it will be easier (I deployed a tablet in 10 minutes)

Hello all,

I have finally found a way to get the Linx7 to work properly with Windows 10, with everything working with the correct chipset (GPS, camera, standby, g-sensor and everything else works and no lag and crashes like the one posted on this forum (using a DELL tablet chipset))

I've made a video from start to finish that even an 8 year old can follow (sorry about it being 24 minutes but I wanted to cover everything)
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

If you have any questions put it in the comments box on the YouTube video or down below this post.

Thank you and have fun with your 100% stable Linx7 running Windows 10 after following this. (I run the Linx7 with the following chipset in a business environment and so far no crashes)

Sorry for my bad English but it is not my first language.
Last edited by TechSkeech on April 27th, 2016, 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: [Guide]Installing Windows 10 on the Linx7 Everything wor

by F0LLETT » April 25th, 2016, 12:40 pm

TechSkeech wrote:Hello all,

I have finally found a way to get the Linx7 to work properly with Windows 10, with everything working with the correct chipset (GPS, camera, standby, g-sensor and everything else works and no lag and crashes like the one posted on this forum (using a DELL tablet chipset))

I've made a video from start to finish that even an 8 year old can follow (sorry about it being 24 minutes but I wanted to cover everything)
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

If you have any questions put it in the comments box on the YouTube video or down below this post.

Thank you and have fun with your 100% stable Linx7 running Windows 10 after following this. (I run the Linx7 with the following chipset in a bussinees environment and so far no crashes)

Sorry for my bad English but it is not my first language.

Can you dump your currently installed drivers using the following and upload them?

Start powershell (admin) and type the following (it can take about 5 mins to complete).
Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination D:\DriverBackup <-Adjust destination as required.

Also, check WINDOWS/INF/ for touchsetting.gt and include that if it exists. If you can give me these. I will create a clean install image. I can also create a Macrium with touch support image too.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by TechSkeech » April 25th, 2016, 12:48 pm

F0LLETT wrote:Can you dump your currently installed drivers using the following and upload them?

Start powershell (admin) and type the following (it can take about 5 mins to complete).
Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination D:\DriverBackup <-Adjust destination as required.

Also, check WINDOWS/INF/ for touchsetting.gt and include that if it exists. If you can give me these. I will create a clean install image. I can also create a Macrium with touch support image too.

I already plan on making an image that will be easily deployed with MDS or Windows PE as I have to deploy ~100 Linx7's and I do not plan on wasting days smashing my head to a wall because of Windows Updates.

by F0LLETT » April 25th, 2016, 6:43 pm

TechSkeech wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:Can you dump your currently installed drivers using the following and upload them?

I already plan on making an image that will be easily deployed with MDS or Windows PE as I have to deploy ~100 Linx7's and I do not plan on wasting days smashing my head to a wall because of Windows Updates.

I find Windows offline updater is a great app for grabbing all the latest updates for slipstreaming into image.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by TechSkeech » April 26th, 2016, 3:48 am

F0LLETT wrote:
TechSkeech wrote:

I find Windows offline updater is a great app for grabbing all the latest updates for slipstreaming into image.

Slipstreaming chipsets is sort of a bad idea as it will not install additional utilities that come with it, sometimes even Sysprep breaks chipsets.

I use Sysprep to put the Windows machine to OOBE mode. Then grab a USB drive, install Windows PE on it and Imagex and and generate an image from there which can later be deployed (The main reason I use Sysprep is because any software I install before entering OOBE will stay there, so anything installed before OOBE will stay there - this is the same procedure DELL, Acer, Linx and all the other brands use) If you want to look it up Microsoft has a whole book on Sysprep.

Anyways might make an image today, I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE 1: I have a working WIM file, will put it together with a Windows PE image and a script and its ready to be released. It takes around 9 minutes to deploy, once done you're welcomed with the Windows 10 OOBE (Where you agree to the terms, enter username, etc..) and you're done - all drivers included.

Of course first I need to test the image properly and make sure that nothing was broken when making the image.

UPDATE 2: I have tested the image, everything works fine, packed it into a Windows PE image which I also tested. Now uploading it and will also make a video showing people how to install it.

UPDATE 3: Image has been posted - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2007 I would recommend that you use the image method as it will be easier (I deployed a tablet in 10 minutes)