Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - On screen keyboard, screen rotate or touch screen broken : Guides (All Devices)

On screen keyboard, screen rotate or touch screen broken

If you're gonna create a guide... stick it in here!

On screen keyboard, screen rotate or touch screen broken

by Buzz54 » May 5th, 2018, 8:52 pm

After updating two Linx tablets to Windows 10 1803 (Spring Creators Update), I found that the touchscreen on one and the onscreen keyboard on the other had stopped working. This has also been an issue on previous OS updates and is just as likely to be relevant in the future.

Making the following modification to the registry fixed both issues immediately.

Go to registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"ConvertibleSlateMode"=dword:00000000

Rename entry to:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl1]

If you look closely PriorityControl becomes PriorityControl1

I have also used this to fix a similar issue on another manufactures tablet with great success.
The registry mod is likely to be usable on any tablet when the keyboard, touchscreen, or screen rotate breaks directly after a Windows update or clean install.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: CCL Computers
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: On screen keyboard, screen rotate or touch screen broken

by Popc0rn » May 8th, 2018, 9:32 am

Buzz54 wrote:After updating two Linx tablets to Windows 10 1803 (Spring Creators Update), I found that the touchscreen on one and the onscreen keyboard on the other had stopped working. This has also been an issue on previous OS updates and is just as likely to be relevant in the future.

Making the following modification to the registry fixed both issues immediately.

Go to registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]

Rename entry to:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl1]

If you look closely PriorityControl becomes PriorityControl1

I have also used this to fix a similar issue on another manufactures tablet with great success.
The registry mod is likely to be usable on any tablet when the keyboard, touchscreen, or screen rotate breaks directly after a Windows update or clean install.

It's people like you with contributions like this that make this forum still worth visiting.

Don't pay for a subscription to these forums. you will still see adverts and the download service isn't what is promised.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home