Linx 7, 8 & 10 Factory Recovery Image

If you're gonna create a guide... stick it in here!

Re: Linx 7, 8 & 10 Factory Recovery Image

by QuaterusBuxton » June 23rd, 2017, 10:31 am

QuaterusBuxton wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:
jameslinx7 wrote:Hi guys, I am having problems with my Linx 7 and wanted to download the image.
The mega file share site only lets me download the first half of the file before asking me to register and pay. Is there another mirror available for linx7?
I have seen others in the thread for linx8&10 but not 7.

Thanks

Mega dont make you pay. I registered for a free account, as I use it on all my devices, plus its nice to be able to tell it to transfer certain files of interest to my own mega account.

I will check whats been reported though, once I get chance.

Im Having the same issue as well. registered for a free account. froze halfway through the download and now asking me to pay minimum $4.99. can we please get a mirror download?

I have managed to figure out a work-around to get the file to download correctly...

1- Register for a mega account.
2- Download and install MegaSync From here - You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register.
3- Follow the link to your recovery image.
4- At the bottom of the page click 'import to cloud drive'
5- Login to your Mega account in the mega sync application.
6- Press the + button in the top right of the window and select 'download from mega'
7- Find the file you want to download in the Cloud Drive Folder.

just follow these steps and hopefully it will work for you as it did for me, no silly errors or upgrade prompts :mrgreen:

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: None

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by Dreaduk » July 11th, 2017, 10:37 am

@QuaterusBuxton

Much obliged for the heads up on the alternative method of downloading this image.

I have spent 2 days trying to get my Linx 10 up and running and finally found this.

There remains, however, a problem in that the Mega app is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and it seems I have already exceeded my quota of 5Gb download, and I have no idea how?!

The solution? Cough up the cash for a monthly account (yea right) or I wait 6 hours until my quota is reallocated.

I'll be waiting 6 hours.

Very grateful, nevertheless, for you advice.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by Trycondius » August 5th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Hi all.... for some reason, my tablet doesn't allow me to choose a language and I'm stuck there :cry: ....... any suggestions on why this may be?

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Previous