Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Raspberry Pi deux (and Windows 10) : Off Topic - 2

Raspberry Pi deux (and Windows 10)

If its off topic, this is the place to go!

Re: Raspberry Pi deux (and Windows 10)

by nememo » February 5th, 2015, 5:58 pm

Mines ready to pickup from Argos (love eBay deliver to store!).

First things planned are to compile pcsx and see if there's any improvement!
Linx 8 Owner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by jamesmd » February 5th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Aergan wrote:Available to pre-order now from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T2U7R7I

Or you can order from RS and get next day delivery included :)
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: None

by Aergan » February 5th, 2015, 11:28 pm

jamesmd wrote:
Aergan wrote:Available to pre-order now from Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T2U7R7I

Or you can order from RS and get next day delivery included :)

My first Pi (Model B) was lost during delivery from RS Components during general availability - they issued a refund but not for the delivery charge. The first one I received came from Amazon, so I'm happy to order from them again.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon UK

by nememo » February 9th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Loved playing Crash Bandicoot on my Pi - the gameplay itself is fine but the audio was still a little off!

Just in general though, there's a hell of a speed difference between old and new pi's!
Linx 8 Owner
Premium Member
Premium Member

by K1lo » February 10th, 2015, 12:08 pm

My Pi2 arrived on the first day they were available and it's still sitting on my desk without a purpose. I'm thinking I'm going to make an emulation station out of it, it's something I've wanted to do for a while...

The benchmarks I'm seeing suggest it's finally capable of running most pre-N64/PSX platforms well so I'm pretty excited to give it a spin.
K1lo

by Aergan » February 13th, 2015, 3:47 pm

K1lo wrote:My Pi2 arrived on the first day they were available and it's still sitting on my desk without a purpose. I'm thinking I'm going to make an emulation station out of it, it's something I've wanted to do for a while...

The benchmarks I'm seeing suggest it's finally capable of running most pre-N64/PSX platforms well so I'm pretty excited to give it a spin.

My Pi B was capable of playing PSX games (locally) at the native resolution when over-clocked to 1Ghz. I would suspect major improvements.
Linx User
Linx User

by nememo » February 13th, 2015, 5:51 pm

Aergan wrote:My Pi B was capable of playing PSX games (locally) at the native resolution when over-clocked to 1Ghz. I would suspect major improvements.

Indeed, I can't say it was a particularly bad experience on the original. One thing I can tell you though is that the time take to compile (using the RetroPie script) is a huge difference between the original and the V2. I remember on my original when I selected the full package it probably took around 9 hours or so!
Linx 8 Owner
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Aergan » February 17th, 2015, 6:31 pm

nememo wrote:
Aergan wrote:My Pi B was capable of playing PSX games (locally) at the native resolution when over-clocked to 1Ghz. I would suspect major improvements.

Indeed, I can't say it was a particularly bad experience on the original. One thing I can tell you though is that the time take to compile (using the RetroPie script) is a huge difference between the original and the V2. I remember on my original when I selected the full package it probably took around 9 hours or so!

I can imagine, not just the extra cores but a much more modern ARM architecture version also.

Mine (512MB B) took about 3hrs @ 950Mhz (barely any VRAM) for a compile run but I was very selective about what I compiled. A lot of the bottleneck was SD Card I/O though.
Linx User
Linx User

by danskeman » July 13th, 2015, 8:58 pm

My PI2 does following
1. google cloud print server
2. ftp server
3. dropbox facility (proper dropbox)
4. Samba shares

and best of all

5. Plex server - works best with direct play eg serving mp4 files. Can transcode bit a bit choppy.

I have made modified a kindle paperwhite and it will act as a remote terminal/keyboard.

Worth £30 just for 1 alone. A standalone google cloud print server costs around £130!
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Amazon

Previous