Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Hello : Introductions

Hello

Come say hi!

Hello

by nickp » January 15th, 2016, 11:41 am

Hi there,
I got a Linx 1010B with keyboard from Amazon for Christmas, so far pleased with it. I’d been thinking about getting a tablet for some time, but didn’t much like the idea of an iPad having been brought up on Windows from release 3.0 on a 286 with a 40Mb hard drive.

I’ve added a 64Gb micro SD from Sainsbury’s to the Linx and putting all my programs and data on to it. Needed to amend some of the default placement setting to use this instead of the internal drive. But so far no problems in that area.

I did have a problem with the start menu and notifications not working, but this seemed to be related to the fact that I’d un-clicked ‘Allow Remote Assistance..’ on ‘System Properties -> Remote’ tab.

Next thing is to try a Windows System Backup to an external USB drive.
Nick

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: aol
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Hello

by nickp » January 26th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Hi,
An Update

I did get around to creating a backup of the system using the standard windows backup procedures to a USB drive.

After I did the backup it asks if you want to create a recovery / boot disc and asks for a CD / DVD but no CD / DVD drive (as we know) on the Linx.

However I’ve found the following article, which is really helpful about creating a bootable USB drive. You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

In my case it asked me for a USB with at least 4 GB of memory, I had one with 32 GB.

Does the recovery USB work? Hope I don’t have to try it in anger. Having said that I’ve had to restore a laptop before now using the same procedure.

Hope this helps,
Nick

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: aol
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home