Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Hello all : Introductions

Hello all

Come say hi!

Hello all

by Frustrated » December 28th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Should have said hello yesterday but I blurted out with questions. Sorry.

Thing is that I bought a 1010B for my son for Christmas as it looked just right for him.

Long story short it is practically useless. My son was so frustrated with it not going into landscape on Christmas day he was close to tears, now the wifi is so intermittent that it is practically useless, his special present is just ignored.

I have never felt like I have wasted so much money before, really annoyed and frustrated!

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Hello all

by AllTheGearNoIdea » December 30th, 2015, 1:09 am

Hi Frustrated,
I hope christmas day wasn't a complete distaster because of that.
I decided to buy the Linx 7 for my mother this christmas for general web browsing etc, and I was so impresed I ended up buying myself the Linx 1010B. I've had a few days to play about with it now and I am delighted with my purchase, though I did come across a few little niggles and strange occurences though being an experienced tech head and windows 10 user I mangaed to work through them. So, hopefully I can offer some advice to help you and your son get your tablet working well and doing what you need it to do.

Firstly, I'm not sure if you have worked this out yet, but when you first start it up windows has the rotation lock enabled by default. I'm not sure why they did that, but it does seem to upset a lot of novice users when they first get the tablet and can lead them to believe that the tablet can only be used in portrait mode. To disable the rotation lock, you need to go into the windows action centre and tap the 'Rotation lock' button.

As for the wireless LAN, Mine was a little intermittent when I first got the tablet. I suspect that windows needed to get some newer drivers for it and I did have to reboot the tablet a few times. Now that windows update has caught up and it's all up to date the WLAN does seem to be much more stable. As a general rule, if something like the WLAN is behaving strangely in windows, one of the first things you should try if possible is a reboot. you can do this by pressing the start button and pressing Power >Restart.

Hope you get things sorted out, let me know how you get on. :)

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon.co.uk
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home