Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - hi : Introductions

hi

Come say hi!

hi

by meagain » November 30th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Hi

After spending my weekend installing Android on my Linx I thought I'd share it here.
I like to get different OSes running on stuff they're not meant to. Windows 8.1 RT on the Pi 2 seems possible, using Win10 IOT bootloader + surface RT image. Android on the Linx seemed possible, it was. OSX on Linx seems possible too.
I buy all my stuff cheap off eBay. My Linx was the most expensive tech-related purchase I have ever made (£54.99). I have not paid more than £35 for a laptop - I only own a Linx 7 and am not planning to buy another Linx variety, so sorry, I can't help with Linx 8 or 10.
Just because I posted the Android guide which was partially translated from Chinese, I don't speak it. Google Translate is a great tool!

In my opinion an OS is the most important part of a device. That's why I like to change them.

I was on HUKD but was banned (see off-topic) - ihateexpireddeals
I posted a link to this forum over at XDA but I'm not really active - androidonlinx.
I'm on most other forums as either meagain or meaga1n

Yeah, I'm 14. School and homework might get in the way of me replying, though il try to find time. Please don't treat me differently due to age.
I'd say I've got a pretty good basic knowledge of Python (GCSE) and Batch, as with VB.net and I used to do some JavaScript in the past. That said I'm not low level. I can't develop kernels although I'm trying to compile Androidx86 for the Linx too and may end up modding the OSX kernel too. I'd love to become a sysadmin or software developer, and Linx mods could help this I suppose. Flashed BIOSes loads of times and installed an OS over 100 times (this is true).

The Linx 7 was, and still is, the cheapest Windows tablet around from the UK. I love it.
This community is brilliant. Will not buy another non-Linx tablet again!
Thanks to Dann and everyone else!

Thanks again!

- androidworks
- Tom

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinxTablet/
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad