Keyboard Case For (Original) Linx 10?

Give your Linx 10 some new accessories!

Keyboard Case For (Original) Linx 10?

by loulou » May 3rd, 2016, 8:34 pm

Thanks to Hotukdeals' member nige182 for this - You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register listed on Gearbest as "Cube I10 Keyboard Protective Case"

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register (around £12.94). Surprisingly, reviews on Gearbest look pretty good!

Of course my first assumption was that this is just a carbon copy of the infamously awful Linx Origami Keyboard - but apparently not, according to that HUKD thread? Post #10 here You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

nige182
Keys didn't miss a beat, however my touch type ability with the keyboard was a little diminished, this is due to the key size and spacing. As the keyboard is smaller than my laptop keyboard (which I am at most evenings) and my office keyboard (which I am on most of the day). My fingers naturally hover over the keys at a wider positioning than the keyboard on this. No other 10 inch keyboard would be any better as you only have so much width. The touchpad and 'tap to click' feels fine, not too responsive, but not too weak either, however the touchpad buttons do feel a bit cheap. I also found (and this may be specific to my tablet or the Linx 10 in general), when I switch the tablet on from 'full off' with it docked and set up, the keyboard and mouse are non-functional, lift the tablet and reset it after it has booted and it sees the keyboard and touchpad and all works fine.

Also to check against Gordon's comment I tried left Ctrl out and it seemed to work fine as did the left shift (being my go to when typing anyway), either Gordon got a different model or a faulty one. There may be more faulty ones out there too, I haven't read about any particularly high failure rate on these but who knows? (Just saying these are coming from China, that is always a risk I guess).

One thing that may put some prospective buyers off is that it is US layout.

Worth a punt, going to see how it goes.
Last edited by loulou on May 5th, 2016, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Keyboard Case For (Original) Linx 10?

by loulou » May 4th, 2016, 11:17 pm

Thanks to ukez (on HUKD) for pointing this out - the Cube i10 keyboard dock IS different, at least cosmetically, to the Linx Origami keyboard. See pictures from ukez's quote below.

Gordon Bell
I got this keyboard for the Linx 10. I may have got a faulty one, but it was awful.
Left CTRL simply didn't work, left shift crunched on pressing and had to be pressed very hard.
If you are a fast typist, then it misses key hits on a regular basis - 'one finger' typists will probably be fine.
The touchpad 'tap to click' is oversensitive and you drag icons all over the place - there was no way I could see to disable 'Tap to click'.

ukez
Gordan did you buy the official Linx 10 one that looks like this and is rubbish:Image
Or did you get the one for the Cube i10 like this which has mouse buttons and looks a bit more refined?ImageImage
Also op, did it match up well cosmetically.. like size shape and that... I forgot to order one and just stumbled on this post again.
It did the job (just), but its not a good keyboard. Its a shame because the case is vey nice and it links to the Linx 10 very well.

Edit: Turns out Gordon Bell bought a different keyboard from Banggood to this Cube i10 one - optimistic that it may indeed be a better keyboard - fingers crossed!

Gordon Bell
Apologies op, you are correct - managed to find my order history, and this is a different unit.
This is one ordered (which was £4 more expensive) - looks very similar, but the arrow keys are not the same (its not the official keyboard, but a cheap clone. It's terrible):You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

It's looking like there's quite a few variants of the Origami style keyboard out there - shouldn't really be surprised as China does clones of clones of everything!
Linx User
Linx User

by loulou » May 23rd, 2016, 1:30 pm

Got my Gearbest keyboard today (yay) and had a quick tinker with it. Touch typing seems accurate, and build quality is decent - very happy.

BUT I was a bit annoyed that the magnets don't seem as strong as expected - wondered if I had a faulty item. Then I noticed nige182 had commented on the HUKD thread -

nige182
I have figured out the magnet issue on this, it isn't actually missing a magnet. The right hand one is the correct way round to attach to the Linx tablet, the left one is the wrong way and repels the tablet. Luckily the weight of the tablet and the one correct magnet do hold it on ok and the pins still connect fine to use, but that is why it doesn't seem to grip so well on the left. I imagine this is a tablet specific issue and that the Cube I10 might have the left magnet reversed and so that they link up correctly.

My keyboard case, too, has the left magnet that "repels" and the right magnet that works properly. From testing, it doesn't seem to be a problem when in use.
nige182
Yep, I tried it with an Archos 90 Cesium and (although that tablet is only 8.9 inch) the magnets and pins line up correctly and it holds how it should, so it must be tablet specific, some are oriented the other way. Shame it doesn't seem an easy job to take out and rotate the magnet.
Linx User
Linx User

by green16 » May 28th, 2016, 11:17 pm

ordered, thanks.

Retailer: major

by loulou » January 16th, 2017, 1:56 am

For those looking for this, I think this is the same - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222358519942 £16.68 this time though.
Linx User
Linx User