Remove Advertisement

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Postby tbeard » November 27th, 2016, 6:08 pm

Hi,

As anyone successfully installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update on their Linx 1010L?

I've done a fresh install with the anniversary ISO but the tablet is incredibly unstable, I think it's a driver issue but all drivers seem to be installed (Thanks to the post on this website ;) )

Just installing the recovery post on this forum to see if I can get some stability back as I uses the tablet for taking notes in meetings, but would love to get the annvirsary update installed and working.

Cheers
tbeard
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: 3Monkeys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Postby Popc0rn » November 28th, 2016, 12:38 am

tbeard wrote:Hi,
but the tablet is incredibly unstable,

When you say unstable, what do you mean? What's happening?
Popc0rn
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon

Postby tbeard » November 29th, 2016, 7:58 pm

When the screen goes off it doesn't seem to come back on when I press the power button. It will come back on if it's within a few seconds of the screen going off, otherwise I have kill the power.

I've tried updated drivers via Windows update but that didn't have an impact, so I tried with drivers from Intel and still no look. Looking through the event logs I can't see anything untoward and there's no crash dump files created to check either.

I'm shooting in the dark a bit at the moment and just wondered if anyone else as had this issue, I am thinking now that it's a Windows update causing the issue.

Cheers
tbeard
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby tbeard » November 30th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Hi,

The problem turned out to be the chipset drivers, used an older version and now it works perfectly well!

To stop the heartache in the future I've created an image of the tablet using Macrium Reflect Free so I can just use that in the future.

When I get the time I'm going to create a sysprep image and share on here to hopefully be of use to people.

Cheers,
tbeard
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby BenWilliams » December 3rd, 2016, 3:45 pm

mine did the anniversary update through windows update. yet to experience any driver issues but am finding it a pain to wake up when the screen goes off or after ive shut it down!
BenWilliams

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A
Windows Version: None

Postby tbeard » December 11th, 2016, 9:20 am

I had the same problem, it seems to be the latest chipset drivers that cause the issue, although it still doesn't shutdown properly but does wake up from sleep. I've created a powershell script shut the tablet down and this works like a dream.
tbeard
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Return to Help (Linx 10)