Is there a solution for Linx 10 switch on / charging issues?

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Is there a solution for Linx 10 switch on / charging issues?

by Deleted User 16755 » November 23rd, 2016, 4:06 pm

Is there a solution to the problems switching on and or charging the Linx 10? There are a number of anecdotal solutions about and I just wondered if any had proved to last. We have two of these tablets in the family and they both occasionally have these problems. The batteries discharge while switched off but we can't find anything running in the background except Cortana which can't now be switched off. Just reduced a little.
Totally discharging the battery and totally charging the battery have both worked for a time. But they always seem to have the problems come back.
Is it a windows 10 update issue?
Deleted User 16755

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Is there a solution for Linx 10 switch on / charging iss

by F0LLETT » November 23rd, 2016, 10:53 pm

dodger wrote:Is there a solution to the problems switching on and or charging the Linx 10? There are a number of anecdotal solutions about and I just wondered if any had proved to last. We have two of these tablets in the family and they both occasionally have these problems. The batteries discharge while switched off but we can't find anything running in the background except Cortana which can't now be switched off. Just reduced a little.
Totally discharging the battery and totally charging the battery have both worked for a time. But they always seem to have the problems come back.
Is it a windows 10 update issue?

Lots of opeople have different opinions on this.
Cortana can be disabled, via registry and are you sure your shutting down and not going into sleep.
All batteries will discharge, obviously if the tablet is shut down completely, it will discharge alot slower.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by Deleted User 16755 » November 24th, 2016, 7:37 am

Thanks for coming back FOLLETT yes we have made sure they are shut down, we have had them for over two years without problem prior to all this happening.
Mine was fully charged and switched off around 7pm last evening and after trying to switch it on this morning for about ten minutes the battery showed 46%.
Once it is on there is no problem they work fine.
If you read some reports people have bought these and had this problem within a couple of days, after the dreaded download.
Beginning to think its time to bin them. My BlackBerry playbook is less trouble.
Deleted User 16755

by F0LLETT » November 24th, 2016, 1:34 pm

dodger wrote:Thanks for coming back FOLLETT yes we have made sure they are shut down, we have had them for over two years without problem prior to all this happening.
Mine was fully charged and switched off around 7pm last evening and after trying to switch it on this morning for about ten minutes the battery showed 46%.
Once it is on there is no problem they work fine.
If you read some reports people have bought these and had this problem within a couple of days, after the dreaded download.
Beginning to think its time to bin them. My BlackBerry playbook is less trouble.

Its hard to pin point. It could be coincidence, which make people think its an update issue.
If it were we would all have issues. You also can not compare these to other tablets. These are PC's, so you will get all the issues you can get on Desktop / tower pc's.
Another thing people seem to forget is, maybe there is a battery issue. 2 years, I would expect the battery to start lossing charge quicker.

Are you definitely going to power menu and selecting shutdown. You could also try holding down power button until it asks you to slide screen to shutdown. Loosing over 50% of battery when shut off is insane. Another thing to think about, if its shutdown, how can it be software as nothing is running.
Resolute and Industrious

by Deleted User 16755 » November 25th, 2016, 8:15 am

I think we have tried most ,if not all, things you mention. As for if it's software ,I don't know I was hoping someone much more technical than me would have the answer. Cortana runs in the background ,we are told, so why not other software?
One thing I am sure of now is that it is definitely related to the power/charging system. When plugged in the 'plug' on the battery icon flashes to show it is charging but then stops. If I check the charging it does not increase while I am using the tablet. The battery charge only increases when I revert to the lock screen.
So many people have had the same trouble going back to 2014 , if you believe the various posts on various sites so it is not just us with a problem.
I did read on one site that the chap found and uninstalled two power management programs in Windows 10 ,that he thought might have been corrupted,and that cured the problem and Windows reinstated both programs when it updated without causing the trouble again.
I can't understand why a universal fix has not been found by the manufacturers, Microsoft or whoever. Certainly more informed techs than me.
Is it that there has not been enough concentration of the feedback in one place?
Deleted User 16755

by mole08 » November 25th, 2016, 11:02 am

Follett is right, if its off its off. Either some setting like 'keep wifi connected' is on and stopping a full shut down. You could try the battery unplug, described in other posts, which might reset the tab. Are you using a true high power charger of at least 2A, phone chargers will not work. The 1010 power led does not flash when charging, not sure about the 10 though. These tabs can get into all sorts of trouble, my touch screen stopped one day, nothing would restart it, left it overnight on full charge and it resumed next day, what was all that about?
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store

by Deleted User 16755 » November 25th, 2016, 6:16 pm

The charger is the one that came with it and the 'keep WiFi connected' is off. If that could run with the tablet shut off surely other things can.
Not keen to try the battery disconnect as there are some posts saying they have easily cracked the screen taking the thing apart.
The battery on mine is just under two years old and is no way high use. The second tablet lives with a relation and is about 14 months old and is rarely used as they prefer to use Asus memo pads.
It would be helpful if those who have posted their own attempts at a solution came back to confirm it was still working for them,as I have tried different things some of which appeared to solve it but later proved to be no use. Like running the battery down until it switches off and then charging until the charger goes cold and the charge is 100%. It switched on okay and then returned to the problem.
Surely there are too many posting the same problem across several forums, for it to be an isolated user fault.
There are some on Microsoft forums asking if it is a Windows 10 download that has caused it. Now there s a thought.
Deleted User 16755

by F0LLETT » November 27th, 2016, 6:54 pm

dodger wrote:The charger is the one that came with it and the 'keep WiFi connected' is off. If that could run with the tablet shut off surely other things can.
Not keen to try the battery disconnect as there are some posts saying they have easily cracked the screen taking the thing apart.
The battery on mine is just under two years old and is no way high use. The second tablet lives with a relation and is about 14 months old and is rarely used as they prefer to use Asus memo pads.
It would be helpful if those who have posted their own attempts at a solution came back to confirm it was still working for them,as I have tried different things some of which appeared to solve it but later proved to be no use. Like running the battery down until it switches off and then charging until the charger goes cold and the charge is 100%. It switched on okay and then returned to the problem.
Surely there are too many posting the same problem across several forums, for it to be an isolated user fault.
There are some on Microsoft forums asking if it is a Windows 10 download that has caused it. Now there s a thought.

Well I know 100%, if you turn something off, then its off. Nothing will be running to drain the battery.
Ok, with it shut down, connect it to your PC. Does anything happen on PC side?
Resolute and Industrious

by Deleted User 16755 » November 28th, 2016, 8:53 am

I thought the same regarding turning something off but then I'm told Cortana and 'keep WiFi connected' can happily run in the background when the tablet is shut off so I keep an open mind about anything else
My tablet still has the problem but the other one has apparently started working okay again and switches on as normal but more importantly the power drain has stopped when it is off. Nothing has been changed on it so it looks likely that a download somewhere is responsible.
I think I will just put mine to sleep instead is shutting off and see how it goes. It uses no more power on 'sleep' than it does shut down so its no real trouble.
Deleted User 16755

by F0LLETT » November 28th, 2016, 11:58 am

dodger wrote:I thought the same regarding turning something off but then I'm told Cortana and 'keep WiFi connected' can happily run in the background when the tablet is shut off so I keep an open mind about anything else
My tablet still has the problem but the other one has apparently started working okay again and switches on as normal but more importantly the power drain has stopped when it is off. Nothing has been changed on it so it looks likely that a download somewhere is responsible.
I think I will just put mine to sleep instead is shutting off and see how it goes. It uses no more power on 'sleep' than it does shut down so its no real trouble.

Both my laptop and PC are setup in exactly the same way as my linx. So when I switch both of those off, your telling me cortana is still running. Im sorry, its impossible. Who ever says it does, is obviously wrong.

Besides cortana isnt on any of my machines. First thing I killed / removed.
Resolute and Industrious

Next