Remove Advertisement

HDMI out

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

HDMI out

Postby psepha » November 19th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Hi all - I bought 1010B in April this year, great device (even though the first one was a brick - replaced immediately with no problems) but seem to have a problem with the HDMI out. Bought another lead to make sure was not that but can't get a signal on any screen connected to it. If I push and hold the cable in tightly (too tightly in my view) it sometimes works - my thoughts are there is a problem with the port or the pins on the port.
Is the port replaceable? for example I replaced the micro sd port on a couple of Hudles last year as people sell the board on Amazon but not sure if the Linx needs a full replacement?
Thanks
psepha

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: HDMI out

Postby Popc0rn » November 24th, 2016, 11:46 pm

psepha wrote:Hi all - I bought 1010B in April this year, great device (even though the first one was a brick - replaced immediately with no problems) but seem to have a problem with the HDMI out. Bought another lead to make sure was not that but can't get a signal on any screen connected to it. If I push and hold the cable in tightly (too tightly in my view) it sometimes works - my thoughts are there is a problem with the port or the pins on the port.
Is the port replaceable? for example I replaced the micro sd port on a couple of Hudles last year as people sell the board on Amazon but not sure if the Linx needs a full replacement?
Thanks

It may not be this, but sometimes TV's need a few goes at picking up a HDMI connection. So, does turning the TV on and off (or flicking between AV connections) a couple of times help any?
Popc0rn
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: HDMI out

Postby psepha » November 25th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Thanks, Not seen this with other devices but will give it go
psepha

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010